Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Recent events

-My student that I had a semi-lust-crush on has repeatedly canceled, ran late, and shown no interest in me or practicing his English. I would be happy to just let it die that way, except that my host mom invites him over and he thinks it's from me. I'd feel pathetic about it, but it's only a student, so beyond a slight dose of mortification when he politely says *he'll contact *me, I'm great. Not a big deal.
- I have two essays due every week. In Japanese. Fucking hell.

- I also have a debate every week, starting from last week. This would be fine, except for the bassakwards way our teacher does it. I won't even go into that, because I have high hopes for it yet.

-It's foreign exchange student week. We're in high demand, to put it simply.

-My back has been injured, and when it was almost healed on Saturday, a well-meaning friend massaged it and completely reinjured it. I'm terrified when I move, sitting is painful, and the pain puts tears in my eyes regularly. Despite that, I am hoping it will heal soon.

-I can't do Aikidou. Not until my back heals. So I get to sit through practices and watch everyone do what I wish I was doing. We were excluded from the Great meet they went to on Sunday, so the other girls are feeling like giving up on joining.

-I broke a vase in Ikebana on Monday. I was mortified, though they were only worried about me being hurt.

-I have been correcting/fixing various fanfiction chapters lately.

-I have also been exchanging emails with friends more than ever. This merely means more writing for me.

-My host mom is sick. When she gets sick, I get sick. I do NOT want to be sick.

- I had work on Friday, I have it tomorrow, and I have it on Saturday as well! Work is fun, but prep is NOT.

-I still don't have a plane ticket home, and some of the cheapest I've found are about $5,000. That's the cheapest. And what isn't that high, doesn't exist. This means that many of the planes I was looking at are now sold out. Thanks parents.

-Speaking of parents. My mom hasn't answered a call, email or Instant Message from me in a week. But she can still forward damn chain letters. I see my level of importance there.

-I haven't been able to play with my friends in days. I would like to sit and chat with my friends quite a bit. It would make me feel much better.

-I have taken the leadership role for my group project, quite accidentally. So now I'm in charge of coordinating things. Fun stuff. We have to interview 5 people, I'm making the powerpoint, and everyone's chipping in. Not that much of a stresser, except that I have to compile everything.

-One of my friends regularly needs help with understanding his homework. I don't mind, but he doesn't allot enough time to get the explanation done, and he doesn't prepare enough for me to help him without practically doing it for him. I refuse to do that, so its a little stressful.

Events that have been pretty good:

-I visited an elementary school today. The kids were adorable. ...I have to write a paper on how they are similar and different to my own culture's. That's not so adorable.

-Ikebana has been moved to the tatami mat rooms. We have a great view, and we sit in the proper sitting style. We also have to transport everything every time.

-Aikidou hasn't been working out lately. So I have more time to hang out with friends! And run into Aikidou members.....everywhere.....*sadness*

-On Saturday I had a sleep-over. It was supposed to be us going camping, but the forecast said it would rain, so we moved it indoors. It didn't rain. We went to see the fireflies, ran into more of my host family, drank a bit, went to a bathhouse, made tacos for dinner together, and had fun. Not in that order.

-On Friday I got two new students for my kids' class. It was interesting and fun to meet them.

-My Ikebana is said to be improving, though I see no particular difference in how I did it before versus now. *shrug*

-My ankle hasn't been hurting that badly. Yay?

There is, of course, a lot more, but I honestly don't have the time for this. I regularly try to get about 7 hours of sleep, otherwise I snap at my teachers and end up pissy the entire next day. It doesn't help that I'm waking up without the help of my alarm clock nowadays.Yay for programming your body?
Ironically, the song I'm listening to at the moment:

No comments: