Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Slapping or Popping, isn't it still wrong?

So today, I called home to check on MJ, and ask if anyone had seen a scary movie Hubby and I are gonna watch tonight. Instead I get a 25 minute conversation on how much our Mom sucks, how she slapped MJ in the face multiple times this morning, and how she's too sick for my sister to leave her. After repeating myself a few times (telling her not to worry about Mom, just leave when she can), and then being told I can't understand her concerns because I don't have children, I hung up on her.
Hubby and I then discussed whether we should go pick up our child tonight, or wait and listen to the other sides. Sister's side was: MJ finally had a breakdown this morning that had been building all week. Breakdown included: Throwing things, kicking furniture, screaming in people's faces, and calling her younger cousin stupid. Mom wasn't home to give her side, and she'd taken MJ with her so we put the possible decision on hold, and Hubby went back to work.
Mom just called a little while ago, and said she wanted me to know, MJ had had a fit this morning. Mom physically dragged her to the living room, and when MJ was screaming in her face, she popped her in the mouth twice. Afterward, she was going shopping, and asked if MJ wanted to come along. Then she proceeded to buy a lot of things for MJ that she doesn't need. I vaguely recall her doing the same thing to me. Being harsh and then giving me things afterward to sooth my hurt and anger with her. I don't think it's right. I also don't know if it'd be worth it to keep MJ and her Nana apart because of it. Its something Hubby and I will talk about. I wanted to be sure to write it down before I forget anything.
MJ said she doesn't want us to pick her up today or Friday. She wants us to come as late as possible, so Sunday is her preference. I'm torn about this as well. I think we'll stick to Friday, because I don't want her there any longer. But then, Hubby is really enjoying the time without her, so maybe he'll push for Sunday. I don't know.
I just got finished putting up three Curtain Hangers, and fixing the shower head so it doesn't leak water anymore. I wonder if we should bother changing MJ's showerhead, or if we should return it to the store. We haven't installed it, and Mom bought one for us, though since we already have one, she hasn't offered to give it to us since then. I'll think about it.
We still have about 20 boxes to unpack, but we're not in any hurry to do so, so if you want to come visit, please just let us know. ;) I won't even care that my house is pretty lame. I probably should care, but I don't.

Yeah, just wanted to get this out. Toodles.

2 comments:

april said...

Goodness! I hope things go smoother when MJ comes back, be it Friday or Sunday.

With all the apartment fixing, sounds like the childfree break is much appreciated.

Caitlin said...

Have you gotten your kid back yet? Your home is a way better/healthier/safer place for her to be than your mom's.