Thursday, September 27, 2012

Why must it be so late at night?


Just a little excerpt from our daily lives in the K household:

Husband: Runa~
Me: Hm?
Husband: I love you forever~
Me: You'd better. *smirk*
Husband: Or else what? *curious look*
Me: *pouts* Or else I'll be sad....
Husband: *pouts sadly* I don't wanna make you sad....
Me: *bright smile* Then love me forever!
Husband: *also smiles* Un! (yes)

In other news, we have begun having game nights every Wednesday with another married couple whose husband is also going to school with hubbie, and a wife that is also job-hunting like me. We played The NewlyWed Game (its a weird board/question game) and lost by a few points.... mostly hubbie's fault. *poutpoutpout* We also played a card game called Contention...I lost every round, and hubbie won once. *super pout*

I'm still job hunting, but I'm trying to be hopeful. I'm beginning to lower my standards, honestly. *sigh* It's a good thing hubbie makes enough to support us. But I wanna contribute!!! Graaaar! I also have a bit of pride warring with practicality. I want to do something either unique or somewhat prestigious, so that people I have been to school with will be like "Ooh. That's so cool!" and not be like "Psh. I worked there in high school. You got a college degree and still ended up there? Man, you're a loser!" ;__; Sadly, my pride looks like its going to take a few blows.

I'm volunteering at a place called Learning Ally. I really like it. I get to listen to people read books for hours, and get to meet a lot of cool (older) people on top of that! ...One strange point though: When I was getting a piece of paper to mark our place, I noticed that it said "Remember Learning Ally in your will!" and I was like (O__O);; 'Is this a place for old people to THAT extent??' I also happened to meet a Japanese woman there, and I'm considering asking her to help me practice my Japanese if/when she's free sometimes. There's no one else for me to talk to here! At least, not in Japanese.

Maya's been a really good kitty lately, though she really needs to see a vet so she can get her nails cut. They won't fully retract anymore. It's so sad. She scratches without meaning to.

I think I'm gonna go to a beauty school tomorrow to get my hair cut for really cheap. It's a risk, but I'm desperate to get my hair out of my bangs and I have quite a few dead ends in the back.... I'm considering turning on the charm to ensure I get a good cut, but I hate deliberately being charming. It makes me feel cheap somehow. :/ I also hate deliberately lying in most cases because it makes me feel like a coward (who runs from telling the ghastly truth).... Actually, I think I lie because I'm hesitant to tell the ghastly truth maybe once a year. All my other lies are either to give someone a self-esteem boost "No, ____, You're absolutely beautiful!" (maybe they're just pretty. And some people ARE physically ugly to me. I can admit that here, even if I refuse to admit it elsewhere. (I always strive to find something beautiful about them if that's the case)), or to help someone else out of a difficulty "Nope, Mom. I have NO idea who ate your cookies at 2:32 am last night. They didn't wake me, nope!" lol. And even those cases are pretty rare. Maybe once a month. I feel like I should be ashamed that I lie at all, but logically thinking, in almost all matters I am scrupulously honest. I feel like that's probably the best I can strive for. Is telling a lie a sin in the Christian religion? I honestly can't remember, but if it is, man are there a lot of people that must loathe themselves for what they feel they can't help.

Also. I have reconstructed the drink of my childhood: Shirley Temples. Club Soda + Rose's Grenadine + Cherries = Heaven in your mouth! Yum!

http://youtu.be/9VzPHHaP_00

1 comment:

paulszaszsebes said...

Wonderful post http://paulszaszsebes.blogspot.ro/2012/09/link-exchange.html