Friday, December 14, 2012

Root canal....Cold sore..... gingivitis....

So!

I went in to tell my boss that I was going to start looking for another job, and he asked me what was wrong. I looked at him, weighed my morals, and told the truth. "I've been falling asleep on the job, sitting in a car for ten hours a night has been terrible on my body, and the late hours are making daily life really hard for me." I expected that after I admitted to falling asleep, he would fire me right then. Instead, he offered me a job from 4-midnight where I could walk the post instead of drive, and if I'm not stuck in a car, there's little danger of me falling asleep. So I offered to try it, and so far it's been great! Only drawbacks: It's five days a week (eight hour shifts), it started the same week (he moved a lot of people around to get me moved so quickly), and I had both a root canal and a baby shower the same week he scheduled me to start. I couldn't make the baby shower (so we had a mini-one with just two couples celebrating the third couple's impending freedom from parasite-inside-womb syndrome), but I didn't want to reschedule the root canal, or take time off work. So I did both! I got a root canal at 7 in the morning, and went to work at 4 pm. Wait, let me go into greater detail:
I signed up for laughing gas on my dentist's recommendation (because she found me squeamish), paid 1600 total (she estimated 800. I'm still trying to figure that one out), and cried my eyes out for hours later. I wasn't crying from pain. I was crying from the horror that is laughing gas. It felt like my body wasn't my own anymore. My arms and legs weren't connected to me, but I could still feel sensations on them. If I kept my eyes closed, I couldn't orient myself. But if I left my eyes open, they hurt, and I felt dizzy and I couldn't make sense of what I was hearing. On top of this terrible mental strain, I got the wonderful sensation of nausea that comes commonly. Then my lovely dentist told me "Wow, you are a lightweight!" because she did the dose at 25%. It was my first time! And if I have any say in the matter, the last time!
So anyway, for hours afterward, hubby carted me around while I cried for this and that "I want coffee...! I want boooooooks! ....*sniffle cry sniffle* I want this painting!" If he left my side I worried I would disappear, or that he would disappear, or that I would lose him or he would lose me, which all amounts to the same thing: I was clingy as hell. I'm embarrassed just thinking about it. IF he didn't grip my hand tight enough, I whimpered. IF he let go of my hand (for example, to pay for something), I started to cry. Even I was sick of myself, but I couldn't help it. .....I have the sneaking suspicion that he enjoyed seeing me so dependent and clingy. ;__; I'm just glad he was there. That stuff was terrible. N.e.v.e.r. A.g.a.i.n.
To give you more news of my oral condition: I was fine at work. It barely ached. But low and behold me three days later: The gum beneath where they did a root canal is swollen, blood-shot, tender, seems to have a bit of pus, and aching like a mo.fo. I think it's gingivitis. Hubby thinks it's an infection. Either way, I need to go to the dentist again. I was there today (to pick out the color of my new crown), and when I mentioned the problem, they said to give it a few days. I could scream, except, you know, my mouth hurts (even my jaw). Oh, and I have a cold sore on the same side of my mouth as all of the other problems. Joy. At least I know how to treat a cold sore to get it to go away super fast. (Mine is already on the third stage. There's only one or two more stages after it, and it only started forming last night.)

That's my current problems as I know it. I'm enjoying my job now. I can read! I can walk! I'm hating my mouth now: I can't talk, I can't chew, I can't brush or floss because the pain's too intense. Beyond that, and my endless water works, life is peachy. Especially the sex life. :3 But that's private, and I'm just stating it to gloat. *YAYYYY*

No comments: