Friday, March 1, 2013

Food, sleep, and preferences.

Today we had a birthday dinner for our Korean couple. J&J (another couple) made sweet and sour chicken and brown rice, while J&M (the korean couple) made a kind of BBQ pork and sushi rice. I made cheesecake. Hubby really liked the cheesecake and all the meat. He was the last one eating.
We also got J&M gifts. M wanted a tea cup set, and couldn't find one, so I found one at Rosses that was cheap and cute. It was a black and white set with roses on the cups and saucers. She looked like she was so happy she would cry, and I got really embarrassed. I'm so glad she liked them. J likes to meditate, so we got him a little water fountain that sprinkles water over some rocks and all six of us spent a while trying to get it to work. Eventually J managed to get it working, and then he dismantled it and put it away. Then we all played Bohnanza.
When we left, I felt like shopping (ironic) so we went to Walmart and spent an hour or so just going around looking at things. We ended up getting a few random things, and it wasn't bad. I got a little ladybug pillow thing for my niece. Hubby got toothbrushes, and was looking at water guns. I vetoed them. lol. They generally break and soak things you didn't want soaked. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Then we came home and I finally bribed hubby into watching 'Vampires Suck'. I bribed him with more cheesecake, ice cream, and hot fudge on top. Hefty bribe, isn't it? He laughed at a lot of the jokes in the movie, but still said it was a horrible movie. Admittedly even I was annoyed at the awkward nature of the main chick, but it's still a terribly funny spoof.


I snickered just watching the trailer. Admittedly, this one is funnier than the first two Twilight movies (which it makes fun of). Unfortunately, that doesn't make it a good movie. I don't regret buying it though.

Recently I've been having trouble with my sleep. I find myself sleeping anywhere from nine hours to thirteen. I really only need seven or so, and think it might be my birth control cycle kicking in. I remember sleeping a lot more after it activated the first time. I think the BC has a nine month cycle, and repeats. Hopefully this will be very temporary. I wanna get up early and do yoga damnit!!!
On the plus side, I don't seem to be gaining weight anymore. On the minus side, I'm not losing either, and my BMI is 32.2. BMI really is a more interesting way to keep track of your health. I wish I had always kept track this way. I think it eliminates the embarrassment of what a person's weight is, and focuses on what percentage of fat the person has instead. When I was tall for my age and my weight reflected that, I felt ugly and now I know I didn't need to. Oh well. I should work on getting to a more healthy BMI. ^.^; Which is easier said than done, I know. If I could just sleep less!!!
Tomorrow we're going out for Sushi. Well, I am. Hubby's gonna get Hibachi something, since he doesn't like raw fish. .....Darn. There's a really good sushi place, but it doesn't have hibachi. Then there's another place that's decent, and has hibachi. I guess we're going to the decent place. I don't think hubby can eat sushi alone and still be okay. I'll have to try the other place with my girl friends sometime instead.
I feel my japanese skills slipping away!!! It isn't fair!!! >__< Now I'm gonna listen to Japanese music a lot to try to reclaim a bit!


At about 24:00, they sing a song about Vegetable Juice..... so weird....

No comments: