Friday, April 10, 2015

It got hot, and I couldn't handle the heat, so I cut the hair.

So this was my hair last night. I remembered at the last minute (before my shower, because my hair takes somewhere between 2-7 hours to dry) to take a picture. I've been ridiculously hot for the last week, and it hasn't even capped 85 degrees yet. 
 I made the appointment to get my hair cut on Tuesday, and since then I've been seriously looking forward to it. The only drawback was that I really wanted to be able to pull my hair into a pony tail for work.

This is a halfway-done picture. When I went in today, they measured my hair and suggested I donate it, because there was about 14 inches being cut off. I agreed, so they chopped it. They separated it into two pigtails because my hair is so thick.


It was surreal to feel my hair and it not be attached to my head. I brushed it, played with it, and couldn't believe I'd cut it off. But I also couldn't resist shaking my head repeatedly just to feel the lack of attachment. I was madly grinning, and another woman getting her hair done looked over at me approvingly. We exchanged glances pretty often but I didn't feel confident enough to initiate conversation because my voice is difficult to hear.

After she cut off the initial length (the picture above) we actually sat around for 40+ minutes waiting for a teacher to come approve the color choice. During that time, the stylist gave me a hand massage, and I taught her how to improve it (I was bored and her massage sucked).

On the plus side, I LOVE the style, and I really felt the stylist KNOWS how to cut hair. On the minus side, the color is darker than I imagined. It looks a LOT better out of the salon, but initially it looked purple to me. And the color doesn't photograph well, so if you want to really see it, you need to skype me. On the other hand, here's the back (yes, it's red, not brown like it seems).


And while there's been a lot happening, I'm just gonna finish here. I'm beginning to panic about the huge change I've just made, so I felt the need to share. >.< Toodles!

Oh, also. This article makes our child make SO MUCH MORE SENSE.
http://www.traumacenter.org/products/pdf_files/preprint_dev_trauma_disorder.pdf