Friday, June 5, 2015

MJ safely graduated

though she ended up with a C- in Math again. :( It's frustrating because we definitely worked with her. Her other grades dropped as well, though reading and writing went up. :/ Oh well. Nothing too bad, really. I'm not inclined to make her feel like a failure for not getting straight As, like my mom did to me. It just doesn't seem important.
Damn. I just messed up. I heard that you can get a Schlitterbahn Ticket for 'free' for every 25 dollar donation to Colin's Hope, so I donated 25 as a test, because I didn't see anything about it. Turns out I wasn't on the right page to get that, so I ended up donating 100 dollars instead of the just the necessary 75..... Damnit. I'm so stupid sometimes. Well....yay we have the tickets, I suppose. Hope Hubby doesn't get mad. :/ At least it's going to a good cause.
The good cause is this: Colin's Hope is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that creates and supports programs that aid in preventing children from drowning. Despite numerous sources for water safety, the number of children who drown per year is staggering. Colin's Hope of saving children from drowning is being achieved through increased water safety awareness and improved standards throughout the community.

There's been some interesting music coming out lately, and I don't really like alot of it, but its certainly new. I *do* like this one, but I don't like this video as much as the original:


So, new things..... Mom wants me to send money to Cin, and she'll mail me a check later. She was supposed to mail me one a month ago, but never did. I'm thinking I'll wait til she says its in the mail.
Speaking of waiting for checks to be mailed, I waited a week and four days, and got no response from the new PA about paying my wages and finally broke down and sent a follow-up message today. I worked for him for a month, and was only paid 1 week of wages, and it wasn't even the most 'expensive' week. It's frustrating because I hate asking for money, but we can't afford to play charity and guilt games. We're moving next month and need every bit we can save. (Yes, I recognize the irony that just a few paragraphs before, I donated $100 to a swimming fund)
MJ graduated in a ceremony last Friday, so she missed the call from her mom. Cin since has called about 6 times, and never when I could actually answer the phone. Hopefully she'll call tomorrow at the 'usual' time.
We got her report card today. It's not great but it's not bad either. Two Cs, and a mixture of As and Bs.
Mmmmm interruption time: If you haven't tried Biscoff, you seriously need to. They're so good and its so easy to forget that they are. Om nom nom.

5 comments:

april said...

They make a cookie butter spread too

http://www.walmart.com/ip/19857695?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227017579564&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=40888460552&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=78818418872&veh=sem

That and Nutella? hmmmm

college kid said...

Hm. The math is disappointing. That means its all the more important to get her started on it this summer as soon as possible.

I fully agree with the "we need to save" thing. It's fine to enjoy the summer, but we can't afford to buy any things we don't need at the moment. If she doesn't need what she is asking for, don't buy it for her!

Caitlin said...

Yay! She passed!

Were her grades bad enough to need to do summer school, or is that only for students who fail classes?

I hope you get your pay. Are you excited about the move?

Caitlin said...

What's it been like having her not in school?

Runa said...

She doesn't need summer school. The closer it comes, the more I worry about money and where we're gonna live, but I'm still excited to leave this place.

And it's been like.... a constant little irritant attached to my side, scratching at me with every move I make, sticking to me most especially when I don't want to be touched, and an annoying voice that never seems to go away. Also, it's nice to have people meet her and say things like 'Well, you two don't look alike at all!' in a super ironic/sarcastic way. That happened today, actually. :P