Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Dance Team, GO!

MJ is trying out for the 'Golden Goddess Dance Team' and wanted me there today for the final day of tryouts. I got bored watching the girls make the same mistakes over and over, and was barely refraining from learning it for myself, because it was an interesting dance. MJ assured me there would be no booty-shaking in this team, because 'My coach said we're only middle schoolers and shouldn't be doing that kind of thing.' I really like her coach. He's funny but strict, and the dancing he choreographs is suggestive without being lewd.
What else.... MJ is impressive in that when the music starts is when she really becomes alive. Without music, she's okay, but her performance jumps when she's got music to jam to. It was cool to watch. Yesterday after her tryout, some girls asked if I was her mom, and she gave a hesitant 'yes'. They commented that we look like twins. Our hair is very similar but we don't have much else in common.
I had an interview today. IF they're interested in me, they'll ask to me shadow for an hour sometime a week or two from now. I don't know my odds, but I'm a little hopeful.
I notice my behavior changes when I have something to look forward to. I did all the laundry yesterday, made dinner, and cleaned the bathroom just from that call. It'd be nice if I could find something to look forward to in every day, but life can be pretty boring if you don't have to do a lot of things.

So, little note here about my sisters. Oldest (mother of boys), is in the hospital because of her heart. She's been delving into drugs rather heavily in the last few weeks, and it's probably put a strain on her heart. She's like, 34 or something now, and she's always treated her body rather shabbily, so I can understand it, but I'm not particularly upset. She hasn't called me, and she hasn't done anything to make me care since she betrayed everyone a few weeks ago and disappeared. I'm not really tempted to call her at all, except that while writing this I've started to feel guilty. Maybe I'll call her tomorrow.
The next one (MJ's mother) is getting out of jail next week. She had tons of money on our phone number to call, but she hasn't called at all this week, though she called 3 or 4 times last week. I'm disappointed, and a little relieved because she always called while I was sleeping.
My brother is doing well. Uncle Johnny is in jail (he's been living with Bubba) after holding up a CVS, and so Bubba has the place to himself. My mom has been remodeling it for him, making it nice to live in. She came up over the weekend and helped us pick out and move some bigger furniture we wouldn't have been able to get otherwise, like a beautiful desk and wicker entertainment center. I still want to spray paint the entertainment center a color that isn't white, but I'm less adamant about making it black now. It'd be hard to come back from black.
Our closet is getting full of things that we don't need right now, like clothes and toys and such that we aren't really ready to unpack.
I've taken to documenting all the crazy creepy-crawlies that I find and kill here. Spiders, Millipedes, Centipedes, rolly-pollies bigger than my pinkie, all sorts of shit. I have a spider bite on my arm that isn't healing very well. It's still about the size of a quarter, but now it's purplish and looks like a bruise. I really thought it would heal quicker than that, and it still itches and stings sometimes.
That's all. My eyes are tired, so I'm gonna stop now. I feel vaguely depressed, dissatisfied, unhappy, and angry all at once, and without any reason I can find. MJ wears on my nerves with her borderline attitude, and it's been making me snappy. Maybe that's what wears me out so much nowadays. Oh well. Oh, also: Pineapples, Shodor's Baby Daddy, I used you as references. Hope you don't mind. :X

There's gonna be a lot of music in this post, because there's a lot of interesting new music coming out lately.

This is just hilarious. "Downtown" by Macklemore.


In case this one doesn't load (I've noticed not all do) The name of it is "Growing up" by Macklemore and Ed Sheeran. It moves me, and really encapsulates being a parent to me.




1 comment:

Caitlin said...

<3<3<3

Thanks for letting us know about the references thing. Now I know to answer the phone when it comes from strange numbers.