Wednesday, January 13, 2016

MJ made dinner today!

And we weren't poisoned! Yay! She made beef lasagna from the hamburger helper box. It wasn't bad, actually, but while I was eating it I was almost sick because I wanted veggies so much more than I wanted meat. There were no veggies at all, just pasta and meat and sauce and ugh. Next week she's planning to make spaghetti.

Heheheh. I just remembered part of her cooking today. So basically when she cooks, I sit in the kitchen on my laptop and 'supervise' while she works things out. She usually starts out trying to get me to do everything for her, while I just blankly stare at her until she does it herself. Perfect example: "Where's the pan?'' *Blank stare* She looks on the wall where it hangs. ''Oh. Got it.'' Eventually she starts getting into the groove of it. I check on her, let her know when the meat is cooked properly (I don't want to die), and actually supervise once she stops trying to play stupid. Well today she was stirring and she asked me to prepare the milk for her. I glanced at her, decided it was a fair request, and prepared it for her. She kinda laughed and said "This is just like when you're cooking and you make me help you! It's fair!" I laughed and agreed. I don't mind helping a bit, and it makes her more confident to know I'm watching over it.

I do want to say, if you got me a gift and I haven't thanked you for it, it isnt because I don't like it or anything like that. I'm actually struggling really hard to get over my inferiority issues. I'm pretty sure everyone's aware already, but just to reiterate: I have a near crippling fear that I am constantly bothering someone if I contact them. I don't think my mom's clear 'Yes, I'm busy, if it's not important hang up' methods help that. It's kinda cool though that I actually have called my sisters this week. Yes, they called me first, but I actually called back, which is way more than I usually am able to do. So yes, I liked everything I received, and no, I am not purposely ignoring anyone. I'm just gathering courage.... slowly. :/

Mia decided on her own that this video was too explicit for her. Sometimes it tickles me how innocent she can be.


I like this song, but she looks so tense that I don't enjoy the video. It's a good attempt to be funny, but it doesn't suit my tastes.


I like this one too. I didn't watch the video because I didn't want to get disillusioned.

2 comments:

april said...

I do this all the time: while the main dish is cooking on the stove, put some frozen vegetables in a bowl with a bit of water in the microwave for not even five minutes, and then you could have veggies too!

If it helps, you are certainly not a bother to contact someone.. staying in touch is important! Good to hear that you called your sisters back!

I dig that last song, too. It is one of my favorites to hear on the radio right now.

college kid said...

Yay Jme-Mia bonding time!