Sunday, May 15, 2016

It's our Anniversary today.

And since we didn't plan to celebrate it (something about year four just seems kinda lackluster), neither of us got the other gifts. Instead we went on a Vacation with my company this weekend to North Myrtle Beach. It was fun. Lots of swimming, free food, unwanted alcohol, and child being her normal whiny bitch self. We went to a store called 'Break Out' where we attempted to get out before the serial killer caught us. We all died. It was super convoluted. Lol.              

Anyway, I'm actually posting because I got another letter from the Past Runa. I just wanted to share, because it was a great letter to receive. Thanks for reading!

Dear Future Runa,
The last letter was unexpectedly fun to read, so I have high hopes. It's our 3rd year anniversary today, and I just got my job scaled back for kinda being incompetent, though I followed normal procedure, so don't think it's entirely my fault.
MJ lives with us, and wants us to be Mom and Dad, but still refers to us as Auntie and Reb. Has that changed? How is she? Please tell me she's not pregnant....
Speaking of, are you pregnant yet? Or is it still not a good time? The condom slipped off today, so maybe I'm getting pregnant right now? I guess you'll know much better than me.
Cin is in Jail, and expecting to get out at the end of July. Did she? What is she doing now? Have you been able to arrange visits between her and MJ?
Maya is still a whiny kitty, and I can't wait to get a house that she can be an indoor outdoor cat in. And I can't wait to move out of Austin. There's nothing here worth staying for, we're just waiting for somewhere worth leaving for.
Is your heel fixed? I'm getting a lot of flak for having that 'cut' on the bottom of my foot, but I can't exactly help it, can I? I visit the doctor on Monday to see if s/he can get it fixed up. I hope so.
Don't stress yourself out, and don't worry too much. I know it can be hard, but you're a naturally positive person. You love deeply, you feel strongly, and you're logical to a fault. You deserve every good thing that's happened to you, and all the bad are just ways to make you stronger and give you a wider range of experiences. Understand and admit when you're wrong, but don't beat yourself up more than you need to either. You're beautiful, sweet, intelligent, and earnest. Fuck the other people (besides Hubby and MJ and Maya). Well okay, you should only be fucking Hubby, but you know what I meant by that.
I love you, Future Runa, just as I know you love me. We're gonna be fine. Teehee?
~Past Runa

4 comments:

college kid said...

Hmm....now I'm wondering when my future letter is set. Probably later since I prolly procrastinated on it.

Caitlin said...

Whoa! I didn't realize you were getting a future letter now, too.

Happy 4th anniversary!

Runa said...

Thanks Caitlin! Yeah, I posted this before I ever even saw your post that was essentially the same (sans comments) and was like 'Whaaaa? Her too?! Cool!' I think I like getting these letters on our anniversary. :3 It's nice.

april said...

what an encouraging letter to yourself <3