Sunday, April 9, 2017

I has new job. Cheeseburger?

By that, I mean that I now work three jobs, and that comes to massaging six days in a row, and twice on Mondays. My new boss sampled my massage (and paid for it omg) and says I am highly skilled and she loves it. I like this job, even if its an IC position (noe, why, ugh, taxes are gonna be fun) and I like the people I work with. I'm hoping I'll be able to leave my old massage job soon, as I feel under appreciated and over worked. By that, I mean that management isnt doing what they're supposed to, and we're having to pick up the slack.

We visited with Hubby's family this weekend. We were also apparently supposed to chat with Caitlec, but we all seem to have forgotten. I was too busy getting creamed at pool and table tennis to remember. We ate separately from his parents Saturday because they wanted to go to church, and we visited Books a Million (an endangered species, believe me) then ate at an expensive Italian place.

I wasn't looking for expensive, but I was looking for local. I do try to eat at locally owned unique restaurants because it assists the community, it usually isn't freezer food, and sometimes you hear the most amazing stories. This wasn't that experience, but the food was good, and we were able to have a deep convo with MJ for the first time without frustration from anybody.

I think it unsettled Hubby to be there but away from his parents, cause he made some comments later that felt like he was unsettled at the change in routine. Normally we pretty much hang with his parents the whole time, do what they want to, and eat wherever together (or MIL feeds us). The visits to our parents are very different from each other. It also prolly doesnt help that he doesnt really have any friends in his hometown, and no siblings, so doing things without his mom at least must feel strange.

For me, its really a treat when I get a full day with my mom, but also thats usually all either of us can handle. So one day is with my mom, and the other is doing things I want to with whoever, like my bro, sis, friend, just hubby, etc. For me, constantly being with parents (particularly as I rather judged when his mom is around) is strange, unsettling and stressful. I try to enjoy it though, as they are family.

Its really strange when Hubby asks what I want to do as though I know what the options are. It isnt my hometown, I dont know what to do. I think he'll do better with that over time thougj, and the flea market we visited this time was neat. I'd like to go again.

The beach was also nice. Itd be nice to spend a week there and really enjoy the sun and sea. Oh well. Maybe sometime in summer.

This song reminds me of one of the worst fights I've had with Hubby:


1 comment:

college kid said...

I'm glad you're liking your new job. Its a shame that you have to keep changing because your work place ends up not being that great. But hopefully this one will work out better for you. It certainly sounds like you are happier with it.

Yeah, it felt wrong to be in town and not with my parents, especially after they had come back from church. But like I told Mia, it was our choice to not go with them. The flea market was fun. I just am not used to being the one to come up with ideas to do. If you were healed and it still existed, I would go to the skating rink/bowling alley I used to play at as a kid all the time. Havelock doesn't have alot of fun things to do, and I'm not particularly thrilled about shopping as you already know. But the flea market is fun because of the variety and it doesn't cost an arm and a leg. And the beach was fun and relaxing.

My mom does have opinions for sure, but its not like she hates you or anything like that. I think she just doesn't agree with some of the things we say or do with Mia. But even she will admit that she hasn't had to deal with most of the things that come with raising a child like her. So she might throw a strange look your way or mine, but she keeps her mouth shut because she knows that she doesn't know everything about the situation.