Monday, February 11, 2013

Quickie

April inspires me to blog, because sometimes it's just a few lines for her, but she still does it. lol. You joined us late, girl, but you're showing us up.

Work has been going well, but after our trip to NC and back (I'll try to remember to blog about that someday) I gained nearly ten pounds!! TT__TT So I've been trying to lose weight, and I started working out in our apartment gym, but all I've really managed to do is hurt myself. My muscles became so strained that I had to get up and go stretch for a good while before my body would let me go to sleep one night, and other nights I've begged hubby for massages, or soaked in the tub attempting to ease the pain. So I've (painfully) come to acknowledge that I need structured exercise. I need a class, a common circuit, or something of that nature. I'm counting down until I can go swimming again, but I already know that won't make me lose weight.
Something else that I've noticed over the years. When I start losing weight,  my body (and I) freak out, and start ingesting enough calories to get me back where I started or worse.
I have also performed the experiment where I abstained from all sweets for a month. Contrary to everyone's (except my own) expectations, I did not lose weight. I gained it. As soon as I was allowed to eat sweets again, I started losing weight again. I think it's because I'm completely willing to have sweets instead of a meal. But especially when someone else knows what I'm eating (America....husband....roommate.....mother....etc.), I feel obligated to eat a meal as well to offset my sweets, which really just increases my calorie intake, and doesn't really help my body.
Another thing that I have done (I was too sick to do else) is eat nothing but crackers. I think I did that for three days straight. I was fine with it. They were salty, but if you chew long enough, they become sweet, so I was satisfied. And they helped me ingest a lot of water, which is good. But it also caused my body to use some of the fat I have stored up, so I think that's a viable short term diet, but I don't really know what it could do to the body long term. Therefore, I'm not willing to do it. Besides, I like food a lot. Too long on crackers and I may go crazy.

Well this is awkward. The post is a lot longer than I expected, and focused completely on my weight problem. *sigh* I'm really going to have to find something I can stick with for a while, because I would like to lose at least 30 pounds without damaging my body or causing undue stress on either myself, my body, my husband, or my coworkers. Ironically, all of my coworkers are also dieting. 'Tis the season?

No comments: