Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hubby said I haven't posted lately...

Thanks for your thoughts on a fulfilling life!

In new news (teehee, made a funny), I signed up and paid for a pregnancy massage intensive workshop! I will be full of confidence when working on the prenatal crowd after this! YAY!

Over the weekend, I had two clients come back to me by request! They wanted me! I'm so happy! But then in class today I found out that they could only request you five times total, so I'm super sad and worried about it. I'm glad to know that ahead of time, but I wanted to work with them more often. I really liked these ladies, and I wanted to keep working on their issues and watching their progress. :(

I also did my final Private Teaching session today. I got a 96, which is amazing. I spent three minutes on each leg! I can't believe she felt it was a complete, filling massage when my time was so very staggered against it. I had to complete an orthopedic protocol (my assignment was shoulder rotator cuff issues) and include treatment for carpal tunnel syndrome. And yet I still managed a full body massage, so I'm kinda proud of myself.

I felt in general that today was just a bad day over all. I woke up so tired that I couldn't drag myself out of bed without help. Then I drove to school where every parking space in both lots was taken. So I parked super far away. Then there was scheduling issues with my PTS, and they had me scheduled for a different teacher. That got worked out easily enough. I completed my massage with few mistakes, and she genuinely was upset that I would likely be moving away soon after graduating. :)

Then I came home and sulked and read a Korean manga based off of 'Little Women' while I waited for hubby to come back. When he came back, I attacked him, backed him up to the bed, and snuggled in for an hour or so of pure lovey dovey cuddling. Feeling better, we got up and figured out dinner, which I wasn't really hungry enough to eat, but Hubby was, so it was fine. We both really liked the chicken we got from Lucy's Fried Chicken, though mine was grilled... and in the cancer presentation we had today, they said that foods grilled on too high of a heat can cause cancer..... ;__; Whoever said knowledge is power must not have known enough to develop a phobia. I HATE our pathology classes. I need the knowledge, but I don't want the fears that come with it.

Then we worked on chest and neck massage for the evening, and finished up rather early. The techniques he taught us were really interesting. I wanna try some of them on a regular basis, but others seem like a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Then we came home, and I talked to a few friends, and now I'm sitting here feeling myself start to roast with a fever while I type this out. @__@ So on that note, I'll say goodnight.

Here's a song that made me think of Pompeii even before I found out that it was written with erupting volcanoes in mind:

Okay that was a surprisingly short and creepy video.

2 comments:

college kid said...

Heh. Thanks for the post. Sorry your day wasn't good, but I think it turned out okay in the end.

april said...

massage, plz.