Sunday, August 17, 2014

Argumentative Child

I have decided that I will blog for as long as it takes Hubby to bring me atoothbrush. There will be errors and mistakes and such, but I can't help it, as I'm super tired.
Work has really picked up lately, and I'm doing 3-5 Thais a day. On top of other massage modalities. Essentially, it's a very sore, very tired, Runa. And it's not just me either. Our work percentages as a whole are staying in the 60-90% range. That's not just good booking sense, either. It's lots of work.
On to the topic of discussion. We have a child. We have a child that has argued to the point of tears that I should not think she is prettier than her four year old sister. Frankly, her logic escapes me. She believes if she is prettier, that she will steal her little sister's friends, and her little sister will end up all alone. I suggested she make sure to always include her sister and there won't be a problem. I don't know why this was not a good enough answer. I told her it was a big sister's job to be attractive, because all friends admire older, nicer siblings, so she shouldn't worry about it. The topic turned to how her little sister is prettier. And the whole argument devolved from there.
Seriously, this child will argue with you if you leave the SLIGHTEST hole in an argument. And I have Hubby scolding me at night for arguing BACK! He tells me to pick my battles, when she arms up, calls her army, and marches to my door! I don't get to pick many of the battles, besides the ones that I catch because something about them is just so wrong. To blame me for being willing to spar was extremely frustrating, and I felt attacked on all sides. Since then, we've worked things out a bit (I will never not-engage enough for his tastes, but he recognizes the Evil One will always try to engage me) and he hasnt overly scolded me.
Our next step is to start getting enough sleep. Last week I had this fear that if I slept between 2-4 a.m., she would join us in our bed, and just couldn't do it. Then I got exhausted enough to say 'Fuck it. She can scooch her ass in if she needs to' and go to sleep. Frankly, I feel like this child is an energy vampire. She sucks all my energy out and leaves me tired just looking at her. That's not even including the troubles that come with taking in a child and getting her set up to be ready for school in a week.
Her interest in things is transient, her conversation is so convoluted that I have difficulty engaging, her testing has reached 'more often than not, it's a test' when talking with me, and whenever she's alone with me in a car, she cries!


..... And now I have my toothbrush. Night!

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Every single time you are in a car?
What about?

Runa said...

The reasons always vary. And anytime we're alone in the car, parked in a parking lot (Hubby's workplace's parking lot in particular) waiting for Hubby. And yes, every time.

april said...

nice read! that was a long time to get your toothbrush, haah