Saturday, August 2, 2014

Now that the excitement has faded....

The worry has set in. She'll be here Friday morning (they certainly aren't wasting any time). From then on we will have a constant little observer, watching, listening, learning from everything we do! I can't be as lazy as I like to be. She'll think it's okay to be lazy. I can't have as many snacks as I like to. She'll also think snacks are good all the time. I can't reward behaviors with sweets and treats (like I was) because we've discovered that's a very horrible mindset that is nearly impossible to get out of. All these thoughts! They keep going in and out and around and above my head!



I got a pedicure yesterday! He got all the scratchy calluses off. The strange bumpy things are still there but they aren't as obvious. I don't like the color I picked out on me as much as I liked it in the bottle. And I was very uncomfortable with a man working on my feet, though it doesn't bother me when it's just a guy massaging my feet. I felt really bad that he was working so hard and likely wasn't getting paid all the money I was paying (which honestly, wasn't nearly as expensive as my mom's pedicures are and he didn't hurt me like she does) so I gave him a 10 dollar tip. Part of the tip was an apology for reading a book and basically ignoring him the whole time. Even with the tip, it didn't cost as much as my Mom charges people. I added some cute stickers to the top with like black flowers, white swirling patterns, and white 'wings' to make it a little cuter. I like it way more now than I did when it was plain.

I'm so very exhausted! I worked straight through til I got off today! I didn't get a real lunch break, though there was a nice little thirty minute break because someone only wanted a twenty minute chair massage. She was there for big brothers big sisters, and her 'little sister' wanted a spa treatment. She said they'd definitely be back. It was interesting, because they obviously weren't blood related, so I thought maybe the girl was adopted. Lol.

The kitty has completely adapted to my whims. Oh, speaking of the kitty, I think we've figured out why she keeps refusing to use her litterbox. It was infested with tiny little bugs that I think were mites! If something were biting my ass/legs/feet while I tried to take a doodoo I'd refuse to use it too! Hopefully we took care of that with a thorough cleaning, but I'm still considering going to the vet to get some kind of repellant to keep it from happening again.

Man my wrists hurt, but I really wanted to blog and communicate with you people. ;) I'm tapping my feet to the music I'm listening to, coincidentally (coughcough) tapping Maya repeatedly so that she looks like she's bobbing and tapping to the music as well. It's really cute! Whoops. She spotted a bug.

One of my kouhai (a person that started after me, and is therefore under my care) seems to be a little overworked. So I offered her one of my dinners (I was content smelling it, so I'll know to get it next time because it was good; I try to keep a few food options at work so I don't end up collapsing), essentially forced her to eat it, then stuck her in a relaxing hand and foot massage with no mercy. This had the unexpected result of her being unbelievably guilt-ridden about all the care I have given to her, so to make her feel better, I told her to give me a facial massage. Then she wanted constructive feedback. Damnit. lol. If that's my only problem, I'm a lucky chicka.

OMGOSH!!! WE'RE GETTING A CHILD IN 5-6 DAYS!!!! Sorry. It keeps hitting at random times. I informed work that we were getting her, and mentioned that I may have to tinker with my hours so that I can pick her up from school. The owner said that they were considering hiring someone for mornings, but maybe I could take them over instead. That could be good, but I think it could be bad if no one shows. So I'm hoping I can talk to them about making my hours more like 10-2, and then 4:30-8 to get a bit of the rush hour and a bit of the morning that needs filling. Oh. Hubby just suggested he pick her up, since he makes less and can tell his boss what hours he can work.

Also, there's a Wednesday shift that's open, that they thought was mine because I agreed to take it for two weeks. So I offered to take it full-time both because it's more hours, and because having two days off in a row actually makes going back to work harder. It gives my hands more time to heal, but it also makes it more painful to start back at work after those days off. Also, on a very small level, I've realized that when I'm at work, I don't overeat even NEARLY as much as I do at home, and if I continue substituting my snacks for healthy things like celery and apples and carrots and snow-peas, I think it's inevitable that I will lose weight in a slow but steady manner.

I've noticed lately that regular brownies and ice cream and cake actually make me sick to my stomach after not having them for a few days. This generally means that either I'm allergic to something in them, or that they're actually (duh) just not good for you period, and should really be phased out of my diet anyway.

Hubby is listening to Jersey Boys in anticipation of us going to see the movie soon. I really wanna see the Fluffy movie. :( We were going to, but arrived at the wrong theater and didn't have time to find the right one, so we saw the Grand Budapest Hotel instead. It was a surprisingly crude and blunt story with surprisingly attractive and interesting characters and a humor that I didn't realize I liked.

Okay, sleep time now. Thanks for reading, Good night!

This is what showed up when I typed in 'Walk like a man AMV'.......

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Yay! Thanks for this post!!!

Having a kid seems like the strongest motivator ever for eating, doing, and being better. You will be great and provide such a wonderful life for her! When she is an adult, you guys will be the people she spent the longest amount of time with growing up and the only people to give her a stable family experience!

Caitlin said...

When does school start? Will she have to start her new school as soon as she moves in?

windows product key said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.