Sunday, March 13, 2016

First day at work

I started my new job today. My side massage job. I worked from 11 to 4, with an hour break between 1 and 2. Ironically, during my break the power went out repeatedly due to some outages in the area. It was weird. On my way home, I noticed some traffic lights were out too, and that's pretty dangerous, so I tried to be careful, but I was really tired.

Originally I was fully booked, but in the end, I massaged two clients, had my break, and then massaged one client and was done. It was a good thing too, cause I was super tired, and I'd gotten hungry again, and I was nervous about whether my clients enjoyed my massage, as none of them seemed interested in coming back to me. ;__;

When I got off early, I came home, called Hubby, and told him to grab the littlin and we would go pick up groceries (since we needed milk). Shouldna done that.... I was hungry so obviously we bought way too much. Interestingly I picked up an avocado (I don't like them at all), opened it tonight with dinner, and ate some. I even made a yummy dip with it that I'll eat with my sashimi tomorrow at work. I don't even like avocado, but I still ate that sucker and said it tasted good.

Anyway, after the grocery store trip of doom, we came home, I immediately went to shower, and then while 'decompressing' I couldn't stay awake. So Hubby made dinner and then came to lay with me for a bit to wake me up. It felt so gooood. One thing about myself that even I know is really weird: I like to sleep diagonally across the bed, with my head on Hubby's pillow. My pillow is better, but I still want Hubby's. *shrug* It's weird. I don't need all that room (as proven today, when I slept in a bed topped with all sorts of stuff and didn't disturb any of it except what I moved to lay down initially), but I like the positioning.

I'll be working tomorrow at CPR from 9-4, coming home, picking up Reb, and then going to the massage job from 6 to 9. I may get home in time to tuck in MJ, but I'm not sure. I'm really concerned that I won't have the energy necessary to handle both jobs, though in my head it doesn't seem like a lot of work. It's generally 9-10 hours of massage, and I think they're hoping I'll up my hours to include another week night eventually. I'm willing to give it a try for sure, like a month/2 month long trial and see where I'm at.

I didn't finish reading the article, because it's just so in-depth and I'm so tired, but this is an interesting article detailing how millennials are changing the idea of monogamy and sex for our generation, and working toward gender equality by making promiscuity equal. It's actually rather interesting.
http://www.rollingstone.com/feature/millennial-sexual-revolution-relationships-marriage

Finally, two things: First, I forgot to mention on the previous post that I'm supposed to be getting trained up to be a Team Lead, which is essentially a Manager. So hopefully that will also translate into a raise, and additional benefits or something. Every day is a toss up, like 'Is today the day they push too hard and I quit?' or 'Is today going to one of those days where everything is awesome?' We shall see. We shall always see.

The other thing is my birthday plans. My birthday coincides with Easter this year (the weekend at least. A part of me is still mentally saying 'SEE MOMMA. TOLD YOU THIS HAPPENS. SUCK IT.' but the rest is like 'Ooh, cool, let's see all the celebration stuff we can cram into this one weekend.
Things I want at my birthday this year:
~ I want Papa to grill steaks and stuff.
~ I want a Pinata. Filled with eggs. That have candy or money inside. And instead of using a bat, I want to use a sword.  Yeessssssss.
~ I want a couple gifts. New bras, for one thing. I'd love a bamboo pillow, and I'm thinking of buying matching ones for me and my brother, since his birthday is this week. Otherwise.... I know my family doesn't have much, and I'm not all that inclined to be like 'gimme gimme'.
~ I would really like for family to not fight, and to not try to push their bounds, but we know that's going to happen, so it's wasted want.
~ I want candles on my birthday cake. (Don't care what type, so long as I get cake. I guess marble or chocolate?) We bought some today at Food Lion. Yay!
~ I want an easter egg hunt. Teehee?
~ I would love some balloons to mutilate and use their innards for my amusement.
~ I'd like my siblings there. Without me having to transport them. Seriously.

Hm. Writing it all out, I don't feel like I'm asking for a whole lot. Maybe I'm just not seeing all the effort this will take? I dunno. I'm kinda looking forward to it though.

And yep, I'm done for now.



1 comment:

Caitlin said...

How did it feel to be doing massage again after the half-year break?

~10 hours a week on top of another full-time job is a lot, it makes sense that this seems like it could be overwhelming.

About the first story in the article... I don't really think of a 34 year old as a Millenial (the article is 2 years old). It seems like this generational stereotype is way too big if it lumps 34 year old New Yorkers living in Manhattan and 14 year old kids from Nebraska together. Also, the culture of the richest people living in our largest city is really, really different from that of the rest of the country.

Did the team lead training stuff happen this week? What does it mean?

The birthday plans sound really great. Do you think you want to celebrate a bit more this year than you have in the past because (1) it's your first birthday back in NC after a while and (2) because making it to 26 is such a big deal for you? So you have three birthdays in your family really close together (you, Chance, and your brother). That's nice!