Thursday, June 9, 2016

Two Weeks

I noticed when rereading my blog post on Tuesday, that I didn't mention that management had made an error that left me without any support on Tuesday, with 20 Work orders, and 15 due that day. It was my breaking point.

So tomorrow I'll be putting in my two weeks notice, via letter/email to management. I still really really want to just say 'efffective immediately, I am resigning.' but Hubbikins disapproves of this, and I know they might need help getting FB sorted before I go. On the other hand, I've apparently screwed up fairly badly with two work orders that is basically leaving me looking like a stupid filthy dog (or at least thats how I'm being treated). They're costly mistakes too, that makes me very upset on behalf of my company, and vaguely resentful towards my client for putting me in this position, because it's basically 'Oh we didn't notice it either until now, but you should have. Since you didn't, you dish out the $6,000 it's gonna take to fix it!' *Grimace*

I don't like leaving on a bad note like this, I wish I could leave as a successful, useful member of the staff, but it's more and more likely they're going to take what knowledge I can offer and then just tell me to leave. At this point, finishing there any day before the 24th is going to be taken as a victory, even if it's a sour, 'get the hell out' situation.

I'm trying to arrange things so that future Team Members for my client have all the resources that I didn't. It takes a bit of planning, honestly, and with my client keeping us above 100 active work orders, it's a little difficult to find time to do it. I do however feel that the more resources they're able to find, the more successful the company will be able to continue to be in the end.

Oh, here's my letter, if anyone has any critiques, please let me know ASAP so I can make them before I send it tomorrow before I head in to work.

To Whom It May Concern,

I, Runa, am tendering my Two Weeks Notice effective 6/11/2016 to Company Name. I have had the great opportunity to learn and grow with this company for the last several months, and while I have enjoyed my time here, I feel it is time for me to explore my horizons in a new field. I have learned so much about Property Preservation thanks to your time and efforts, and I am very thankful for the experience but I feel that I am beginning to stagnate as an employee, and am no longer performing my best work. Rather than give less than my very best effort, I would prefer to end my employment while I am able to give my all.

I am humbly grateful to everyone at Company for the patience, attention, and positive attitudes they have displayed towards my endless curiosity and questions.I came into this position with zero knowledge of what an HVAC is, why water stains are bad, or even how to effectively eradicate mold to a Governmental standard. My current knowledge level is entirely due to the willingness of the staff and management at CPR to check over my bids, identify strange objects in photos, and answering sometimes impertinent or even stupid questions. 

Thank you for the experience, and I wish you all the best in the future. May your company continue to grow until it reaches across the nation and is held up as the pinnacle of professional property preservation. Thank you for your time.

Runa

A lot of my sentences are tongue in cheek sarcasm, actually, as I rarely found support, patience, positive attitudes, or attention unless I fought for it. Many of my mistakes were because someone higher up didn't have time to answer my questions, and the answers had to be given on a timeline that they did not adhere to. Still, I am trying to end it on a positive note. How uncouth would it be to give my two weeks and maybe come in for a day or two and then just stop before the two weeks is up? Really. Because I get the feeling it is either going to be a bittersweet experience, or very bitter, trying, and caustic. I'm nervous. But I'm elated at the idea that I might not have to return to them again. 

3 comments:

Runa said...

So I turned in my two weeks notice before my shift started today. Fifteen minutes before my shift ended, management called me into a meeting and terminated me. YAY!! I'm free earlier than I expected!! Half the day I tried to figure out just how bad it would be to put in your two weeks notice and then just not come back for those last two weeks. They did me a favor, but did it so insultingly that I was shocked and stunned and actually just a little bit sad. Oh well. FREEDOM!!

Caitlin said...

Yay! Now you are free to find something better. :)

april said...

Sounds like a new door opening for you and a positive change! Here's to the next adventure!!