Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Vacation!

By that I mean, No work for that mean company any more! Yay! I'm taking this week to recuperate, and then I'll start seriously searching for new jobs. I've really enjoyed sleeping in, and just doing massage. They're also willing to let me work additional hours, so if I want to just transition to massage only for my income, I can. I don't think that's good for my body though (my forearms in particular are in terrible shape and nearly need PT, but I'm squeaking by with massages instead), so I dont want that.

Interesting thing happened on Tuesday. We looked over a duplex, and we really liked it. Enough that we asked to fill out the form right then and turn it in. I hope they get back to us within a week so we can arrange to put in our 30 days notice. The only problem is that someone has already put in an application, so she may go with them instead, as they were there first. MJ wasn't with us, but our ratings came up to a nice 85%, so it's above our requirements, and right where I want it to be. The house was designed by an architect, and the rooms are REALLY cool. None of them are perfect square shapes, which makes me happy. There's some cracks in the drywall that concern me, but there's going to a few renovations done before we can move in anyway, so hopefully they'll be addressed then.
There's all kinds of built in shelves, and alcoves all over the house, and I like the layout. The back yard is small, but big enough for us to have a badminton match, so I think it'll be fine. There's a decent sized shed as well, so we have somewhere to store things. The rent is $975, which will be cheaper than our current apartment if we renew. There's only one bathroom, which sucks, but it's a really decent sized bathroom, and we can make MJ clean it everyday to try to keep her clutter down.
Both bedrooms have some cool features, so Hubby and I have been going back and forth about which one we would actually want to use for ourselves. The front room has sliding doors that lead out front, so MJ wouldn't have to go out the front door to get to her bus. It has a lot of natural light, and the room is a bit bigger than the back room, with a huge walk in closet. It also has about six feet of floor to ceiling cork board to hang things up on
The back room is smaller, but it has a built in chest of drawers, an alcove, 3 windows, and a closet with double rows to hang clothes on. There are no carpets, but there's a mud room when you go in, and it has a little heater that stays there, that we could light up in winter to keep warm and chill outside. There is this little weird thing where the first three feet of the living room is bricks, then wood flooring, and Hubby suggested a carpet to cover it up. I like the floorplan of the living room and dining room and kitchen all being one big room, with a bar separating the kitchen from the living room, and a little alcove near the back door that we could use to set things on.

So as you can probably tell, I'm kinda excited about this place, and I hope we get it. There's a couple of other options so far, but I'm not sure we'll like anywhere as much as we liked this one. There was a house across the street from this one that is also for rent, so I think I'll call tomorrow and see how much the rent is, and if we can come look at it. The location is awesome, it's only 7 minutes from Hubby's job by car, and maybe 10 by bus (all the other places were like 40-50 minutes bus ride from his stop), so if we don't hear back from this lady, I would definitely look into the other house. The area is a quiet cul-de-sac, but it's right near the road, and it seems a little noisy. I don't think we'll care that much about that though, as the insulation is really great in the house. Hm. I wonder how well wifi would get through the walls though.... Hn.

Hmmmm..... Life is good. I haven't slipped into any kind of depression over the job fiasco, though I am heavily conflicted about whether I say I resigned, or I was fired, as I gave two weeks, and they terminated me that day. What think you? What would you say?

Meghan Trainer reminds me of my cousin Deanna in this video, especially the hair, but the song too. It really reminds me of her. *tilts head* This cousin passed away two or three years ago, and she was only a year older than me.

4 comments:

college kid said...

I don't want you to go to full time massage....the toll on your body isn't worth it.

The duplex was nice, but I have doubts we are going to get it....They still haven't contacted us about it.

I think potential employers don't usually ask specifically if you gave two weeks notice or not. If you need to say something about it, just say that you left because you didn't feel it was the right fit for you or something along those lines. Whether you got fired or quit or gave notice or not isn't really relevant.

Caitlin said...

Congratulations on your freedom!

april said...

Let us know how the house hunt goes!


I'm applying for jobs now, and places have a box to fill out asking "reason for leaving" so I just say something like 'Seeking growth' for the one job that I would need to explain, so you might come up with a similar short & sweet phrase.

Caitlin said...

More post