Sunday, September 4, 2016

Whatever shall I do?

I have a short list of things that need to be completed as soon as possible, like changing the oil, putting together the futon, getting to sleep at a decent hour (not happening), applying to jobs, and getting my foot fixed ASAP so it doesn't hurt to stand, walk, lay, and touch it anymore. I'm pretty sure I'm just gonna tell the doctor (whenever I get in to see them) to lazer the fuck out of it and get it over with.

With that update out of the way, I've had a few things on my mind to post about lately. None of them are coming to mind now though, so I'm screwed. Hubby got Netflix activated for a 'trial' and included DVD rentals, so I rented Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (I really liked it). I hope we watch it tomorrow, though we're putting together the futon and going bowling with some of Mia's friends in the evening so.... May not have time.

Something of note: My keyboard has been 'losing connection' with my tablet, making typing a huge pain the crotch area, so if my comments are infrequent, it's not because I don't read or think, it's because it's not worth the irritation typing is becoming.

I have also accepted another shift during the week for the foreseeable future (or until I get a job that interferes with it). Unfortunate consequence is that my left wrist hurts and itches like a bitch and I can't make it stop. Fortunate consequence is good tippers, more frequent customers, and as always $$$$.

I've been making an effort to cook dinner more, and I genuinely think it helps that MJ doesn't complain as much about how gross the food I make is, and that she's out of the house for long enough that I'm not exhausted by her mere existence by dinnertime anymore.

Speaking of being out of the house, she had her first week of school this past week. She's already found a guy to like, let her friends confess to him, and written him love notes. Theoretically, he likes her back. Also, she says she's popular, and she's surprised enough by it that I believe her. She's also been diligently doing her violin practice, which impresses me, and proves just how much she must have hated my flute, as getting her to practice that was ridiculous on many levels, whereas she's happy to practice this one. She says she likes the school a lot more, and that there's a lot more diversity at this school, which relieves her.

The school looks and sounds like my middle school, so I'm glad and relieved that she fits in so easily. I hope it stays this way, and that we can stay right here for at least the next two years if not longer. Looking up the diversity stats between LG (her previous) and B (her new), LG had a 93% minority rating ( 69% Black) versus B's rating of 76% minority (with 49% Black) really is quite a difference. I don't like that she had trouble fitting into a primarily Black school (as I feel race shouldn't matter besides the level of SPF you need), but that this school makes her happier can't be denied. She's making her own lunches (I check them periodically), getting up by herself, making it to the bus, remembering her key, and basically doing none of the delaying tactics she employed at the other school.

There's been a lot of new music out lately that I find myself liking, so I'll post a few videos.





I really like this one:





1 comment:

college kid said...

Well the oil change, futon, and applying to jobs things are done. I didn't realize your foot was hurting that much (I thought the pedicure relieved it?).

I wish you were able to adjust your sleep schedule. I felt sad this morning when I realized that you had gone to bed at 8 AM, and that there was basically no chance of us spending a significant amount of time together before you had to go to work. It interferes with our time together, it interferes with my getting decent sleep (because I want to stay up later because I want to spend as much time as possible with you), and it interferes with you helping getting stuff done that can only be done during the day, like oil changes and other stuff. Which then leads to my resentment because I feel like you don't contribute as much as I do sometimes. I don't like confronting you on it because I know that you are trying, and I am starting to understand that the problem with the sleeping is maybe not entirely in your control. Its just very frustrating to me, and I'm not sure what I can do to help you. Its the typical man in me that wants to fix all your problems even if you don't want or need my help with them. Yes, I just played the man stereotype card. God, I must be tired. The main point is that I don't want to look at you with disdain. I love you and I want to be with you. I know you are trying to work on the sleep habits, and if there's anything I can do, just let me know.

If you remind me, I can try to massage your wrist. I think if it persists, you should scale back the hours. Permanent damage isn't worth it.