Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hm. I've been thinking....

first, yay birthday, I'm not a teen anymore.
second, i'm hungry again. *frown* And at work. So I can't really eat.
third, I want to talk to someone that's knowledgeable about the fields of work I'm interested in. I need to find a medium between what I'd be happy doing and what pays well. I need the money. I have to be able to support myself and my niece. *sigh* I don't want to move super far away, but it'd be for the best....
fourth, I've been thinking. A friend wants to do the JET program with me once we graduate from college. I think that'd be a good idea til I know what to do to get where I want. And I'm pretty sure I could take my niece with me. She'd be at a good age to begin learning another language. And then when I came back, well, we'd see where we end up. I just have to learn a nice balance between using a bit of money to help life be enjoyable, and keeping money tight to maintain us in times of need. Believe it or not, I used to be good at saving money. But it kept getting stolen, so I learned I needed to spend it when I could, because even if you put it up, it might not be there when you finally want to use it. And then you've essentially wasted your money.
Hmmm...My advisor/mentor intimidates me and makes it hard for me to voice my opinion if i'm not super confident about it. My previous counselor tried some shitty 'Why do you have to be responsible' stuff and didn't address what I should do to reach my goals at all. I'm really not certain who to address my questions to.
I've also been thinking about what kind of adult I want to be. But I'll think about that some other time, when i'm not super tired and at work. ^.^ Chao!

Interesting:

No comments: