Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Let's see what I can write about this time....

I'm still not sleeping well.

I've gotten to be rather awkward at making friends in my class. I have a few 'friends' in my class, a few people I don't really know, and and a few people I know well enough, but haven't built connections with. So I have to try to be approachable and not offensive. Which is so HARD for me! I'm not good at holding my tongue and playing nice...*sigh* But I *am* a nice person....so I should be able to make good friends, right? The answer is 'maybe'. At best. *sigh*

I have found miniature Ritz crackers that are so very delicious, and not too high in calories. Can you say 'score' ?

I have plans with Rozfire! She's coming to Tokyo, and I'm super excited! It looks like we'll be able to meet up with a Finland friend and her family, as well as Aki-san, if we want. *dances around* Things are looking up on that front!

Which reminds me. I signed for my scholarship money today, and I'll receive (I think) 2/3s of it tomorrow. I'm both excited and scared. I feel like it'll be taken away at the last minute, but if not, I'll have little to no worries for the rest of my stay here. Well, besides classes, but I've been rather diligent on that front.

I've decided on my hair style for when I cut my hair off. It's finding out if Daisuke can cut my hair on a full moon that I'm not sure of. But hey, I'll even get money for my hair. *dances around* Though admittedly, I'm thinking of donating the money, since I can't donate the hair. I'm nearly counting the days with both excitement and trepidation.

You know, looking at all these changes and interesting things, I think I might understand why I can't sleep for shit these days. I'm never normally this excited for more than a few hours in a week at most.

We have free tickets to go ice skating and I wanted to go with my host family, but Ikuchin told me to take my friends instead if I could. It looks like it'll be snowing/raining for the next few days at least.

Valentine's Day is coming up. I'm thinking of making sweets, but, to stay true to my dear, *flutters lashes* I won't make chocolate sweets. I'm thinking of short cakes and/or peanut butter cookies and/or sugar cookies. Depends on what I feel like doing.

We're trying out all sorts of bath recipes lately, and I'm rather happy about it. Last night I bathed with oatmeal and baby milk with a touch of chamomile. We were supposed to use lavender, but we didn't have that handy, so we went with chamomile. I'm beginning to look around for other possible sources of fun bath times, because that was fairly awesome. :)

I've been on a Sailor Moon bend for a while now. Makes me want to hear all the soundtracks. I've also been planning a nice little lesson about Thumbelina and showing my students the video after we read the book. I'm nearly wiggling from hoping they'll like it, but I feel like if I get too excited, they'll actually have little to no interest in it. It may just be my mental state, but it's never been wrong. If I'm too excited, no one else is interested. *sigh*

It was only last night, as I was gulping down my lukewarm green tea that I realized how used to it I've gotten. Unlike so many others who either take to the damn stuff or don't, I didn't particularly like it, but I didn't have a lot of trouble drinking it. I mentally grimaced, but no one besides myself had to know. Last night I was drinking it down with absolutely no problem. No grimacing, no mental *ugh*, nothing. Which made me realize exactly how used to it I've gotten. I've also gotten used to taking baths in addition to taking my shower, which may not be a good thing for my return trip. It really, honestly, makes me wonder what I'll have to get adjusted to when I return to America.



Epiphany: Things are never as great as when you first open/start them. True for chips, crackers, zippers after a meal, and doomed relationships.

3 comments:

college kid said...

How was the ice skating???

Green tea.....EWWWWWWW....I can already see you trying to kiss me after drinking that nasty stuff.

ME said...

Love your blog

Runa said...

Ice skating was....fun. ^.^ I only really fell once. Stopping is seriously hard though.

I've gotten used to it. I didn't say I drink it for fun. But yes, if I suffer, I will definitely make you suffer.

Woe, welcome. ^.^ I hope you enjoy my blog posts, and feel free to comment.