Saturday, May 11, 2013

Nooooo!! Scary!!!

T^T I should really just avoid scary ghost stories and things that have scary images. They always come back to haunt me when I'm trying to go to sleep. Especially if it deals with someone else trying to go to sleep. Perfect example: http://www.batoto.net/read/_/169640/sid-supernatural-investigation-department_v4_ch58_by_raw-crossing

I hate myself right now. It's 4:30 in the morning and I'm too scared to go to sleep. In general, the moment it starts to get light outside, I can go to sleep because there's no way it'll be dark enough to hide things from me. But when it's dark and I've just seen something that freaks me out I just can't stand it. Even Rebikins being there doesn't help because he's frickin' out. Sometimes he doesn't even remember us talking the next day. He certainly doesn't remember all the times I've kicked him and if he doesn't wake up enough over that, he's not going to save me from a ghost.

So yeah, it's out there. I'm a believer in ghosts. But I have a TON of experiences to back my belief! My family is either uncommonly stupid and gullible (maybe a little stupid and gullible, but not enough for this), or predisposed to ghostly activities. We have ghost stories spanning the generations! But I'll only mention personal ones, okay?

Example #1: My cousin and I were allowed to swim until we didn't want to anymore, even though it was getting dark. I was in eight grade, so 13-15 yrs old or so. Cousin was a year older than me. At first, even though it was dark there wasn't any problems and we were having fun. Then we started getting chills (it's summer, and doesn't actually get cold there), and hearing voices. Shadows that shouldn't move started moving, and most worrisome (being teenage females), we started seeing human shapes in the dark. Now it wasn't so dark that we couldn't see things around us pretty clearly, but those shadows were definitely there, and we got spooked. We decided to go inside, and guess what we found.... They were playing with a wiji (I know, wrong spelling) board, trying to contact another family member. Stupid family.... Let me say this: Neither of us had ANY idea they were going to do that until we walked in on it, and we only walked in on it because of the creepy feeling we shared that night.

Example #2: Same night, trying to work the board, my grandma (who I didn't get along with) and I were using it together. I felt the pull on a side my grandma could NOT have made it pull from and we're the only two the damned thing worked for. Mom got spooked that it worked for me and we stopped. She later burned it, and said that it made the fire burn purple. That could easily be a dye thing on the board, but it makes for a creepy story, right?

Example #3: We used to have a recliner that was just Papa's and the back of it was to the front door and hallway leading down to all the rooms and bathroom. I would often sit in it (I was the only one allowed, and not officially. I just didn't get in trouble for it, even though I was also banned) and be reading or watching TV and could feel someone come down the hallway behind me. I've always had really good senses for when someone is approaching me (you could say mischievous older siblings taught it) and especially for when someone is behind me. Often, when I jump and someone gloats about scaring me, it's because though I knew they were there, I wasn't expecting them to: grab me, clap their hands, yell in my ear, ghost hands down my body, etc.  ANYway, No one ever got by me in the chair, but my senses would also tell me there was someone there when there wasn't. I would have the awful feeling of being watched, or of someone reading over my shoulder, but there was no one there. I'm pretty sure that at least once, someone leaned on the damn thing (tilting it back) and yet no one was there, or in any of the back rooms, so it wasn't a prank. I wasn't the only one that felt it. The only one that wouldn't admit to it was Papa, and even he sometimes accused us of being behind him when we weren't.

Example #4: This one is the most awful, in some ways. We had a nursery room where really odd things happen pretty often. Well the baby was sleeping (I'm not sure which babe was there at the time) and four of us were in the living room talking (all the girls). The baby monitor was on, and it started getting active and staticky. We all quieted down to see if we'd woken the baby, and instead we heard (distinctly. All of us.) "Get out of here! Get out!" in a voice we didn't know. We froze for a minute, then went to check on the baby. No one else was there.

....I'm gonna stop with the examples. It's late, I want to sleep and all this is doing is making me cry. Um. To explain the crying: I have this odd thing. When I see/hear about/ feel ghosts, or even just watch scary movies or think about past experiences too much, my eyes start to water. I'm not actively crying, I just can't stop myself from leaking some tears. I have no idea why, I just know it happens.

Oh. One last example: Maya sees the same things I feel. So do babies. I've been sitting in previously mentioned recliner, holding a baby, and the baby looks over my shoulder and either shows surprise, or chatters at something behind me, when no one was there. Often if I feel something that doesn't jive with what I feel is normal, I'll look. I'll think it's my imagination, look away, and realize Maya is staring exactly where I was a few seconds before. I've also seen her head swerve at the same time as mine, and look in the same spot, as though we're both reacting to something. So having Maya with me is extremely reassuring, because if she doesn't react, I can deem myself as being silly. And sometimes I can play off her staring into the distance as seeing a bug or something and downplay it.

So essentially, I try not to be a scaredy cat, but I HAVE experienced some freaky things. Said things sometimes make it hard for me to sleep, making me stay up til damn early in the morning, making me cranky and whiny and teary-eyed. I will say this: Seeing things, or feeling them, sucks. Having them touch you? THAT is the worst.

I'm gonna go find some sickly sweet story that will take my mind off of this. Good night....

No comments: