Monday, May 6, 2013

What's your Perfect life?

I was reading pineapple's blog and she left a link about Financial Independence and Frugality that I just don't agree with. Here's the link: http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2012/03/27/selling-the-dream-of-financial-independence-part-2/

Its not that I don't like the idea of being able to do whatever you want, however you want, blah blah blah. But that's not really my ideal. I went a bit further and followed a link on that link (haha, inception) where they mentioned working out what their perfect life would be. They said it was really hard to actually pin point what their perfect life would be, so I thought I would give it a try. I recommend you try it as well (and post your ideal as a comment *hint hint*). Ideally you would discuss it with your partner, but since mine is sleeping right now (We had a cockroach incident and every time I think of losing consciousness my skin crawls, so I'm staying up) I'll wing it for a while.

Perfect life... perfect life... Uh. I'm pretty content with what we have, but I suppose if it could be improved.... While we have no children, I'd like to work the same hours as my husband, so we can be together the maximum amount of time. But what I've noticed most is that we do best with some time away from each other. When we're together all the time we end up doing separate things anyway. When he's with me, I don't much feel like doing my work, especially if he's not working too. When he's away, I can get SO much more stuff done, simply because I'm not constantly drifting into his orbit as I'm wont to do, or considering if he would want go along with me on errands. So maybe slightly different hours would work best.
When we were both working, even though my job was shit pay, we were making more than enough to spend on our (my) vices and still put money back. Hubby isn't much of a spender, but I am.
I am! I like to spend money on little things to make a day more interesting! A coffee! A cookie! Interesting kitchen gadgets! A wonderful book! Gifts for people I love! ....You know, even just writing this makes me realize part of the reason I'm so overweight.... =.=;; You don't really notice it when you're in the swing of the day, and do things on a spur of the moment decision, but reflecting on it makes it more obvious. I will try to do less impulsive buying. I'm sorry, hubby. V__V It's just so hard!!
Another issue is that the only interesting things to do lately when I'm by myself is to shop. I don't have any clubs or classes, I'm unfit for physical activity, and eventually even reading gets boring. I should find some sort of hobbies to keep me amused and make friends but... ;__; I'm about to have surgery. I won't be able to go for long. Even cooking has started to be a burden on my leg, so I'm getting pretty desperate to have it fixed before it gets any worse. Anyway! Perfect life!
BE HEALTHY!! I want to be able to do physical activities with hubby, like play tennis, or go jogging (though I don't think he really likes that), or ice skating, or just taking walks together.
Otherwise right now, I think our life together is perfect. All those sites talk about gaining money and not spending any and being happy to watch your money grow, knowing that you're secure. Personally I think it's bull shit. Money isn't powerful, it isn't a trap, and it doesn't make you stupid for using it. What's important is taking your life and suiting it to yourself. If you have to secure a ton of money before you feel up to doing some spectacular things, okay. It's certainly true that money is necessary for lots of things. But creating a habit of not using it, of frugality to the point of pride is akin to cutting off your nose to spite your face to me. Sure, you don't have to spend money often as I do, but to take pride in not spending money if you absolutely don't have to is like a nightmare to me. Unfortunately I think hubby is more likely to agree with those sites than me. Fortunately he generally doesn't markedly disapprove of my spending either, though he will occasionally put a limit on me when I get carried away.
Obviously I'm tired so I'm getting sidetracked.
Perfect Life Part II:
When we have children, I want to be in their life 2/3 of their waking time. I think constantly being in their life makes them dependent and complacent (and would drive me crazy), but 1/3 is just too little time. If Hubby also spends 2/3 of their waking time with them, then we'll overlap nicely and cover for each other so no one loses their sanity. ^.^ Hopefully we can continue that until they reach the teens. I'd like for both of us to work, but maybe me work part-time so that I can also be primarily concerned for the kids and not for making money. Of course if hubby gets tired of working, we can trade off that responsibility every couple of years. I want to go on trips with the kids, even if it's just to a museum or a picnic, and take tons of videos of them and pictures and raise them to be athletic and smart and sincere! But not conceited. I detest conceited children....

Sigh. "The Perfect Life" huh? I think I'm already living it. Perfection is a series of ups and downs that leave you happy in the grand scheme of things, if you ask me. And ultimately, I married Rebikins because he makes me happy, and I believe I make him happy. It's a double-win. Yeah,  Japan factors a lot in what can make me ecstatic, but it's something that lives inside of me. As long as I stay connected to it in some way, my hope to go there and interact doesn't die. It's just dormant. I really really hope I don't thrust the wishes of my heart down my children's throats so they feel constricted. I'll strive hard not to do that. :3

Okay, a headache is developing, so I'm really super tired. It still really bothers me to think of going to bed in a home that has seen two incredibly large cockroaches, but soon I will be too tired to care. Yay exhaustion.....


I've always enjoyed this song, mama had it on a CD. It's haunting but sweet to me, and the tune is easy enough for me to remember. Skip to the :40 second mark.

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

That's funny, I was listening to this song about a week ago!