Sunday, May 19, 2013

Uhuhhuhuhuhu.

That's how I was laughing. At this blog! http://fatwomanfit.blogspot.com/2013/03/fat-woman-and-knotty-problem.html

This Lady is earnest, witty, and well-written. Her humor apparently also matches mine, because I find myself laughing out loud at her witticisms. I wanna follow this lady!

Hmmm.. Since hubby wrote about his adventures to get my anniversary gift (which I loved and have already started using), I feel that I should do the same. I shopped around with the idea of getting a camcorder for him, because big events are likely to start happening from here, including renewing our vows in a few years, and I'd like for us to get that one on tape. First I looked at Costco, and was very dissatisfied with their selection. Their prices weren't bad, but I really wanted more to choose from. So I went to Best Buy.
At first, I was browsing for a while, and had two ppl asking me if they could help me before I was ready. Now a bit of a reminder of my shopping technique: I go with my gut feelings. If I have a good feeling about something, even if it's not the cheapest, the highest rated, or the most consumer-friendly, I will generally choose it. It has to be something really special to make me set aside the gut-preference. I browsed all of the selection and found a camcorder that was maybe the third cheapest. It also had a bundle package option, and I was intrigued. There was only one more option that seriously tempted me: A camcorder that ALSO had a projection feature. It was hecka cool, but it was also $500... So I took the cheapskate rout and chose my gut feeling.
Then I had a hell of a time finding someone to help me! First I asked a guy I thought worked there, but it turned out he was there representing Sony. He was really nice though and found me someone else. The someone else actually didn't work that area though, so he was pretty clueless about how to help me. He said someone from this section was coming now, they had just clocked in, so I had to wait a little longer while making painfully awkward conversation with the TV salesman. It's so incredibly awful when salesmen flirt with me!! >.< I immediately made mention of how it's an anniversary gift to my husband, which made it so much more awkward.
So the guy finally came, and I told him my choice, but the only one left was in a ratty-looking box. I was unhappy, but figured it shouldn't really matter. I asked about the bundle offer but they were out of some of the parts, and couldn't do substitutions. I seriously considered going to a different Best Buy to see if they had exactly what I wanted, but since the poor guy had rushed over, and was scrambling to answer my questions, I let him guide me through all of my options.
Eventually I let him help me choose a flexible little tripod, two memory cards that weren't too expensive, and though he recommended one or two-year warranty, I picked the three-year one. If anything happens to the camcorder, or we choose to change it, we can get credit for this purchase on a different one, as well as unlimited geek squad support. So I picked all that, purchased it, and went to leave. ....Only to find I'd forgotten the memory cards because the guy had taken my purchases from me when I went to carry them out and I thought he'd grabbed those as well. So I waited at the front while he ran back and brought me my other purchases. Then I went home, wrapped up the gift with all the other gifts I've gotten for my loved ones lately, and put it right in the living room, where hubby never noticed it. Yay!

I like the haunting quality of this song as well. ^.^

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

This made me smile. :)