Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Eating

I really love to make new and interesting foods, if you didn't know (I'm slightly copying Caitikins here). But when I'm feeling down about myself or about some situation, I end up not cooking (either because I just don't feel like I have the energy, or because I feel really fat and think it's gluttonous) and that makes me even more depressed.
So today! I had an interview for a receptionist position at a chiropractic/massage clinic! And while I was super worried about not being available for the evening hours they wanted someone for, I also think I left a really good impression. I was there early, I was respectful, asked intelligent questions, and somehow conveyed how punctual I am, even though there was a miscommunication and they thought I was coming tomorrow. Hubby thought that printing off and bringing along an extra resume, letters of recommendation and references was too much, but those actually really impressed her. I'm really excited and hopeful about this job, because it really suits me, and I just wish I suited them as well. I hope they'll choose me anyway, but either way they'll contact me by Thursday evening and if I get it, I'll be starting on Friday! If I don't get it, I have the option of working in a call center selling phone packages in a nice environment to businesses. The only downside is that it's full-time and I was really looking for part time work.
I contacted the elementary school where Mimi would be going to try and get a tour and the curriculum for her grade, and they took my info and said they would call me back, but they never did. I'll give them til two or so tomorrow and call again. I need a brochure for the school, for court (apparently). The lawyer called this morning around ten, and we talked about all sorts of things. Like how she didn't realize I would be in court in February, how I need to take and bring pictures of every room in my home to court with me, as well as pictures of our 'food supply'. I kinda think they'll just look at me and be like "Aw, she'll get fed". For some reason we also have to have the letter everyone helped us write (that the lawyer dramatized) notarized, but thankfully our banks should do it for free. I just have to call and set up an appointment for this Thursday with the notary person, to be sure they'll be there.
I also tried to call the therapist I want for Mimi, and left a message but she didn't get back to me either. I'll give her a day or two as well. I need a business card from her, and maybe a consultation to be sure she's willing.
Then I tried to call the social worker twice, but the phone just kept ringing and no one ever picked it up. I think she turned off her voicemail. I need to know what kind of mental health care they've determined she needs, so I know if I should be looking for someone else.
The lawyer thought we wanted Mimi immediately (and in our hearts, of course we do) but we can't take her until May, and for her sake, should probably not try to get her until she finishes school for the summer. TX is a leading education provider and NC is.... well, it's moving up the ranks, but I would hate to bring her here just for her to struggle madly to catch up and find herself unable to bridge the gap, give up, and fail her year. Lawyer lady was kinda annoyed about not being clear on what we're expecting and what we're asking for. She says she'll go into court asking that we get custody, but since we can't get her until May/June anyway, to also get an ICPC done and reconvene court when the ICPC comes back. We kind of wanted to avoid an ICPC because we didn't want the invasive study, but it seems like the best option and easiest way to assure the court that we're sincere and able to care for her. I don't know. *sigh*
I also called and emailed our second choice for Parenting classes today. The first one got back to me and said they won't train someone that isn't going to be a foster parent for their kids (which I can understand, though it seems a little silly, because if they could train the original parents before the kids start to suffer, they would have less kids to place), but suggested we might qualify for a nifty program called the Permanency Care Assistance Program if my sister's rights were terminated. But I don't think it's an option, because I think it's only for TX.
I made pumpkin bread today! It was so good I just couldn't stop eating it. Then for dinner I boiled some broccolette and pasta, added salt and velveeta and made a cheezy pasta. I also made zucchini pizza, with pizza sauce and mozzarella and parmesan cheeses on top of slices of zuchini. I think next time I won't just slice the zucchini in half, but actually make thin slices and try it out. It might turn out a lot better that way, but it wasn't bad this way either.
Then I went to school where we did lots of stretches and then sat around and listened to business marketing ideas. I had a headache start up before 7 pm, but it got noticably worse as the night went on. It felt like there was a clamp around my forehead, down the sides of my face, and sinking right into the base of my neck. It sucks. It still hurts but not quite as bad.
I'll end things here (since Hubby looks interesting now). Love you, g'night!

Sidenote: Interesting article about Frozen. I really do recommend it to anyone that hasn't seen it yet, and I really do like it. I want to go back and enjoy the subtleties but not for the cost of 30 dollars again (3people+Concessions)! I'm willing to wait and buy the movie, because I really wanna support the direction Disney appears to be heading in. http://www.policymic.com/articles/79455/7-moments-that-made-frozen-the-most-progressive-disney-movie-ever

1 comment:

college kid said...

Yay doing stuff to get Mia? I know it's frustrating and troublesome, but I'm sure it will be worth it if the judge decides to give us Mia.