Friday, September 12, 2014

Finally, some progress!

This is gonna be short, as I want to get back to bed. I just got MJ off to school, and even I have to admit she looks super cute. I took lots of pictures, but won't post them here. Skype/email me if you want some, you know who you are.
First order of business: MJ's mom gets out of jail today. I think they're saying that it's time served. She's planning to go into a halfway house, and start a program to be a nurse (person that draws blood), while working part time somewhere. I'm not sure how she's going to keep on her medicines once she's out, but I hope it works out for her. My issue is that I'm worried she's gonna lose it, and come here, and make us have to be mean. She's not allowed to leave the state of NC, but she might do it anyway, since she 'doesn't have anything to lose'. My other issue, is that now I don't have any way to contact her. :( And my family is not helping matters. She was in for 7 months, and not once did someone come to visit her. To me, that's shameful. But we did all send some money, so maybe that makes up for it? I dont think it does, but its their choice to do so or not.
Second order: She finally got her medicaid card!!! First thing I did was take the earliest pediatrician's appointment I could, which is Monday at 8:30, so she's going to be missing some school. After I filled out all of the paperwork I could, and turned it in online (yay not having to do it in the office!), I shot an email off to the therapist I've been wanting to get her into since before she came here.
She emailed me back way early in the morning, letting me know that she doesn't have any after school availability, but if we don't mind during school, that she has a Tuesday at 8:30 available. I'm just thanking my stars that the only appointments available don't overlap. I would choose the pediatrician, because MJ desperately needs her medicine refilled, but I'm glad not to have to.
I'm a little worried about taking her out of school two mornings in a row though. I don't like doing it. I'm sure she'll complain. But hopefully it won't be a common issue. :( Maybe the therapist will be twice a month for now, until she gets some afternoon availability.
I'm not sure if we're supposed to go in the session with MJ or not, so I'll probably try to take a book with me. And Hubby will likely have to go too, just because he'll probably have work both days. He's working really hard lately, and doing close to 35 hours a week right now. He also got complimented for doing a really good job, so that's awesome! Go hubbikins!
Also, to fourthy, I'm sorry people keep asking if you're pregnant. That doesn't sound like fun conversation. You should totally be like 'HOW DID YOU KNOW?!' and in a month, be like, 'Oh, were you seriously asking? My bad. I thought you meant my food baby.' or something for revenge. :P
Alrighty! All done with updates!

I like this song despite myself. And the little girl is impressive, if strange. Hubby is starting to hate this song, since MJ and I both like it.

3 comments:

Runa said...

Aaaaaand we're back to square one. The pediatrician canceled her appointment because I couldn't call her back in time (she called at 4:47, I got out of my massage at 5:03, and they closed at 5).
I HATE this. *sigh*

college kid said...

At least she isn't going to the nurse every day anymore?

april said...

grrr - about cancelled appointments. hope it all works out and at least she is with you guys.

good description of liking the song, I feel the same way, hehe