Monday, September 8, 2014

She wants to be six again.....

So she pretended to be. I found it a little nostalgic and amusing, but I'm worried it really annoyed hubby. Then she regressed to four, and tried baby-speak. I had to correct her pronunciation a few times, and it was a little bit annoying when she was like 'Aren't you gonna wash me? I'm too widdle to wash myself' so I put a stop to it by saying 'Do you really want me to wash every inch of your body?' She thought about it for a minute and was like '.....Nevermind.' In bed, she progressed to 13, and my question was 'Should I still be tucking you in, then?' and she said 'Yeah! You'll still be tucking me in at 13!!' I think we all know she's very addicted to the bed-tucking now. I'm a little worried about how she'll handle it if I have to stay overnight somewhere else, or if she stays over somewhere else.
Speaking of, she had a sleepover on Saturday with her 'BFF' Ally. We took them to Denny's and then the grocery store, where we got some marshmallows for s'mores (but didn't tell them), a comb for Ally for whenever she stays over, and came home. Then, while Hubby blew up the air mattress for them, I took them to the pool for some swimming. I'd forgotten MJ was banned from the pool, so that was my mistake. I've written it down now, so I won't forget. She's also banned from Soda right now.
After the pool, they took showers while we made s'mores (hindsight says we should have let them eat those before their showers), and then sent them to bed, where they stayed up whispering til 1 a.m. (apparently). I warned them when they went to bed not to bother me (because I had work the next day) and to direct all concerns to Hubby. So when their window flooded, guess who's bedside they went to? His. Guess what he did? Immediately asked me what to do. I could have suffocated myself on the irony, if they hadn't already woken me by waking him.
The next day, they made their cereal while Hubby was in the bathroom, waking me all over again. I didn't mind as much though, because I'd had nightmares all night. I continued to have them the whole time I was in bed.
So I got up, reminded the girls to get ready to go (to return Ally to her mother), and we were a little late, so I had Ally call her mom to let her know. I ended up having to explain that we were just running a little late, and we left. Dropped Ally off, talked with her mom a bit (I'd like to invite her over for dinner sometime), and we went off to eat breakfast (for me).
Laundry's done, Hubby's tired (he's started to nap on my couch whenever I leave it for more than a few minutes.... I think he's truly tired), and even I'm ready to fall out at midnight... *sigh* Love ya'll!

Love this


Like this The video and the music can be a little.... odd, but I like the catchphrase, at least.....

2 comments:

college kid said...

Mia will be fine without the tucking in. I'm wondering if it was a good idea to start it though.....she is kinda obnoxious about it.

Caitlin said...

Sounds like the girls had so much fun! Yay!

Cute that Mia wanted to be a little kid and wants to be tucked in at 13. I can't imagine her actually wanting to be tucked in when she really is 13. Enjoy it while you can!