Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Guess what I did?

I didn't mean to keep it a secret or anything, but I got my tattoo redone today. I don't really know why I didn't tell a lot of people, but *shrug*.
So this is the before:
 And this is the after:

So today was interesting, at least. We dropped Hubby off at work, and then MJ and I went to Pandera's for breakfast. I asked for raisins and brown sugar/cinnamon with my oatmeal, and the cashier said okay. I figured, they have cinnamon raisin bagels, they have raisins, right? Nope. When they brought it out to me, I went up and asked about the raisins. I'm pretty sure I got the manager, by chance, and she was upset. She offered to refund my purchase, and 'have a talk' with the cashier, but I didn't want the cashier in trouble, so I refused. I ate my (rather sweet) oatmeal, and wished for raisins.

This song is from Big Hero 6 and I LOOOOOVE it. :D


After that, MJ said she was still hungry, so I offered that we could eat when we got to where we were going (a good 40 minute drive). She agreed, and didn't bother me about food until we got there. When we got there (nearly two hours early), we wandered around in the car (It's in the 30s today) looking at houses and stuff. MJ and I LOVE the place. We're seriously talking about moving there. Or near there.

Can you believe this song is TEN years old???


So then we go back to store about an hour or so early (because MJ was hungry again) and stopped in at the Thai place right next to it for food(I saw it when we first drove by) and were SO DISAPPOINTED. I literally ate two bites of my meal, and boxed it up. It was spicy and undercooked. We ended up actually giving it away, it was so bad.

I don't think I've heard this song often, but I certainly agree with what Will says.


So we were rather eager to leave, and ended up at the Tattoo shop 30 minutes early. Then we spent an hour hashing out the tattoo details, and he got booked up for the rest of the day. Finally, he set things up, I approved the changes, and we got started.

This is solely for the irony points:


I should never do this again. I don't really like how blocky he was though. I really REALLY like fade-aways and delicate details, and there is NONE of that left now. So I may end up doing it again, but not without taking a hell of a lot of strong pain pills first. Since MJ was watching, I couldn't cry, but I tried to bargain for less after the first ten minutes. Turns out he'd already done all the outlines so to do less would have been....really bad looking. I got chills, and my legs were shaking embarrassingly strongly. I really wanted to quit, and tensed so much that I nearly lost feeling in my arms. I didn't like it. I don't know why people like it. It's like carving into your skin, and calling it 'pretty'. Comparatively, the outlines were carving deep furrows into your skin (felt like, not really), while the coloring in was tickling and stinging. By the time he was just coloring in, I was laughing, it felt so much better.

I picked this solely for the title, but it looks a little like Star Wars.


This feels a bit like what I want to do, but am not allowed to:


So we paid (I gave a $20 tip, simply cause it was done relatively fast, and he didn't complain about my squirming) and left. I let MJ decide what direction for a while, but she kept saying 'Go that way' or 'Turn here' or 'What about this road' without any identifying details, so I got really frustrated, and she stopped. Then she said she was hungry again, so we tried several places that ended up being closed before we stumbled on a Subway, where MJ had a flatizza, and I had soup. I also bought mucho cookies, for no real reason before we walked over to a Teapioca (Can you say yummy matcha bubble tea?) and played games.

Ooh underboob + Gaga flashbacks.


We played Scrabble, where I fit in some vocabulary and math lessons simultaneously. She didn't enjoy losing. She actually kept up pretty well until I got 'Queen' across two triple points. I got 200+ points from that word alone, so.... Game over, essentially. Then we played one of her favorites 'Giant Spoon' which is frightfully boring with 2 people. So I won both. And we left.



We did other stuff, but it wasn't as interesting. Essentially, shopping, then picking up Reb (We happened to come an hour early, right when he coincidentally got off work due to lack of children), then going to 4 different restaurants to get dinner and finding them all closed or out of chicken (we wanted fried chicken to take home and eat). Finally found one, but they gave us mild AND spicy, and I kept getting the spicy ones. Dinner was interesting, because we all watched Master Chef Junior Edition for the first time. MJ commented on how the guys were cute, or how the food looked good. She behaved fairly well. I wanted some Pumpkin Butter for my biscuits, but we had a hell of a time getting it open. I'd finally bought it tonight, so it took forever.



After dinner, we made MJ start part of her punishment: Writing two pages of 'essays' with a topic we assign (we're covering all the things  she did wrong the other day right now--Oh, she called me a bitch, said she was definitely gonna get pregnant ASAP and then kill the baby in front of me, so that would show me. Why, you ask? Because I made her get her shots, including two that weren't required but highly recommended.). She complained a little too much, so I gave her the fish oil (punishment for cursing) early, causing her to gag and whine, but she eventually stopped, simply because my patience waned and I told her we'd donate a box of her toys (they're ALL gone until she fills an entire composition book of 100 pages with essays. She's writing two pages a day. It'll be a while til she gets them back.) instead of just hold on to them. I was serious too. This whining is getting to be too much.

There's a point to choosing this song, but I'm not explaining. Any ideas?


Finally she finished, then read for a bit, then showered, and finally scrapbooked while she was waiting for the New Year to arrive. I barely made it with the cold (taking money outside and bringing it in to bring money in the whole year). Hubby and I kissed, MJ stared at the fireworks, and I had to start nagging. *sigh* So we argued, MJ got tucked in by Hubby (he usually does it now, since she likes how he does it), and we've returned to our computers. Happy New Year?

4 comments:

college kid said...

I'm sorry I wasn't there for you while you were in pain over your tattoo. I think it looks pretty even though you don't like it as much as your old one.

I thought the Master Chef Junior thing was a great show to watch that all three of us would be interested in.

Caitlin said...

The tattoo looks so painful. I like the way they replaced the initials.

I love Scrabble! It's my favorite board game. I loved the child's essays, too. Hehehe.

april said...

I like the new tattoo. It's interesting that he redid the wings, since those were already there, but I guess I don't really know how those things work.

Runa said...

Thanks!
It was. It was totally painful. I don't like getting tattoos. But my old one was so worn looking.....
I don't really like Scrabble, but I prefer it over other board games because she has to do vocabulary AND math to do well on it.
He redid the whole thing, but I'm really miffed at how he made the wings so different. I LOVED the old wings. On the plus side, It only stings and itches like a scratch nowadays, and I forget I have it sometimes. Yay?