Friday, May 1, 2015

I have a new job?

So a client at work kinda latched onto the idea that I speak Japanese and have lived there, and asked if I would give him some help with the language. I took this to be a tutoring request, and agreed. When he mentioned 'See you tomorrow!' at the front, C gave me a funny look, like 'What are you doing?' but I ignored it because it's really not her business. It's only her business if I'm massaging him, and I'm not.

So I met him, and we talked, and had a lesson, but what he actually was looking for was a Personal Assistant to 'grease the way' for him in Japan. He's looking for girls. Really. He's looking for cute older girls, and he doesn't mind marrying one. He wants someone to cook for him and take care of him and his house. I feel a little odd doing work like this, but the pay is really good, and while I'm not 100% certain yet, I don't think he's a creep just out to notch his bed.

I am, however, now working Wed-Thurs-Fri with him for hours at a time. In addition to my normal work hours Sat-Tuesday, my weeks are becoming fairly full. In fact, I made a post for a Breast Cancer awareness game stating that 'It's official, I'm gonna be a Mommy' and got an amazing amount of responses.

I was ashamed of all the well-wishes for a lie, and almost admitted the lie rather than follow the rules of the game (secretly tagging those that liked and commented, and making them play). Then I told a friend 'I'm living a lie!!' and she said 'Well yeah, but for a really good cause.' so I sucked it up and played the game. Tells me I'm really uncomfortable lying though.

But anyway, in the midst of cluing people in, I ended up with three appointments with previous classmates/teachers. One of them is a 90 minute massage that I'll be paid for. Another is a breakfast together, and another is a coffee break. All this week, and all because of that post.

So my schedule is getting almost scary, I have so much going on. And I'm exhausted and tired and always ready for bed, it feels like (except of course for around 2-4 a.m. when I really really need to be asleep). But I'm also happy and I'm doing well. The PA position makes me nervous. He's loading a lot onto my plate, and leaving it to me. I don't know that I know him well enough for a good portion of it, and that makes me nervous.

I need to be doing an invoice for him, for the number of hours I'm working for him. I think there's an invoice option on Microsoft, but wanted to ask if anyone has suggestions.

Manx is going back to the shelter tomorrow, if I can find the time. Otherwise, I'll try to have Hubby send him back on Sunday. It's just time for him to go. He's spraying everything, I'm actually worried about the weight he's lost, and Maya makes a sport of hunting him. That's not an environment I want an innocent cat in.

MJ has been behaving fairly well except for when she lets her mouth run away with her, and when she gets too tired. I didn't anticipate how much swimming would wear her out, and she nearly had a tantrum when Hubby tried to get her to fold her clothes, and she was too tired.

This group is interesting. I think the hottest guys are the Asian guy and the one with dark roots and blonde hair. And yes, I like their voices the best as well.


Yep, that's it. Goodnight! :)

3 comments:

college kid said...

I think its good you have a busy schedule. And its good that you're able to reconnect with some of your friends.

Runa said...

I think it's good I'm busy as well. I feel happier having things to do. And while I'm glad to be reconnecting, I can't believe they all wanted to meet this week... It'll be nice to be making a little extra cash though.

Caitlin said...

Congrats!