Friday, August 21, 2009

Wow, it's been longer than I thought

I really need to do laundry. I mean really do.
I'm so out of shape it isn't funny. I've decided that Wednesday is going to be my 'workout' days, because I have a huge 4 hour block right after a PE class. I only hope bf will work out with me, but I think he probably will. Until then, I will suffer my muscle pains with very little dignity, lots of complaining, the occasional whimper, and tons of puppy dog eyes that plead for a massage. I feel sorry for my freinds. >:P
My new roommate, who was my senior sister at S&M and I are getting along pretty well. We have different sleep schedules and different work schedules, heck, we even have different class schedules, but somehow I feel like we can live together really peacefully. I like our door. It has amusing signs on it. I might get some good posters and such to hang up. Otherwise my walls are a little too plain. (Roommate, now to be referred to as RB for as long as I remember, has some posters up, but I don't yet) Classes, classes.....what to say....? Erm....
Yesterday I had two classes.
-The first was Self Defense, and it looks as though it is going to be a hell of a class. The instructor is nice, funny, open, strong, knowledgeable and very approachable, my favorite characteristics in a teacher. I think that class may become my favorite. Not really a surprise, but....
-The second one was Intro to Editing. It looks....somewhat difficult. But it also seems to be really interesting, and the instructor is very nice. There's a lot of work, but I want to be able to do everything! (Says the girl that hasn't done a lick of homework yet, while reading about how many assignments are gonna be coming up next week)
On Mondays I'll have a class between these two that is a counseling class, but I haven't had it yet, so I don't know much about it.
Today, I had four classes.
-Philosophy was so amazing!!!! The teacher doesn't mind when you argue with him!!! And oh did I argue. It really made my day to be able to start off with a class like that. He'll argue back, and even though I felt really bad about talking so much, I was just too happy about being able to hear others' thoughts about things. >///< I should behave better, but it makes me so happy to be able to discuss points and possibilities with others.
-After Philosophy (squee~!) I had Japanese. @__@ It's been a little bit too long since I had a Japanese class. I felt totally inadequate. But I also was not the only one. EVERYONE looked like "Oh shit..." and tried their best. I love when peeps try their best. ^///^ Our teacher has a slight accent that rolls all the syllables into one type of sound, so it's a little difficult to understand him a lot of the time and you have to pay close attention. HE TOOK MY KANJI FROM ME!! The kanji that Arisa-chan gave me....that I use for my name....he TOOK IT!!! He said it was incorrect, and then he also changed the katakana of my name. I didn't make my own, S-Sensei did!! I want my kanji back....;__; I wonder if he'll ever let me have them back?
-I then went to the wrong classroom for my history class. There were 5 of us, and we all went together to the right classroom, though none of us ended up sitting together. I had a seat free next to me, and a little afterward, a group of like 15 came in together. One girl came and sat with me, and she seemed interesting enough, but I wanted to try to hear with the teacher was saying, so I didn't talk much during class. She had japanese hirigana on her notes though, so i asked about it, and told her that i was designing my own major in japanese. We went out to a coffeehouse together because we got out of class at least 30 minutes early, and talked there. We exchanged AIMs, and names, and it seems like we'll get along rather well. I just hope I can recognize her next time. -.-
-After the coffeeshop experience, we separated and I went to Cultural Anthropology. My teacher, before I talked to her, before she spoke, seemed rather ....unfriendly. But once she got started, I wished that I had sat closer. Not only was the room too big for us to hear very well, she was interesting and clear about her explanations, and then it started raining. I'm rather excited about the class now, even though I wasn't before. She had a writing assignment for class, and you chose to write about American views on body fat, or views on the homeless. She totally cut straight into the meat of people's insecurities, sensitive subjects, etc. It impressed me a little.
After my last class, I thought bf was picking me up, so I hurried to use the restroom, and then ended up waiting for a long time. I called him twice, wondering if he was alright, wishing I had a physical copy of his schedule *hint hint* before I noticed that I still needed to turn in my form to be a Rape Hotline Advocate again this semester. >.> I'm not sure whether I really want to do it again, because it certainly makes me nervous, but I feel a little bit like I'm obligated to do it, if only because it scares me. So anyway, I went to turn that form in at the Women's Center and I met the Director of the Women's Center. She insisted I call her by her first name, which I stuttered out, and blushed, and dropped my eyes. Yes, I was thoroughly embarrassed about it. We had a huge in-depth discussion about the Golden Rule and the Platinum Rule. For those not in the know (like i wasn't), the Platinum Rule is to treat others the way they want to be treated. It's really hard to know how they want to be treated though. I ended up going through an Allies to GLBT notebook, because of a random comment, discussing the suggestions and rules in it, before bf called. Turns out he's in class later than I am on these days. 0_0; But I wrapped up my conversation and went downstairs when he finally caught on that I had no idea where the coffee talk I wanted to go to was. ^__^ Heehee. He hugged me in the stairwell. Yay hugs~! Which reminds me. I got to see E today. He said I'd been avoiding him....it wasn't like that, it was simply that he doesn't show up on my list at ALL when he's away, and I think he's permanently away. ;__;
We went to the coffee talks, which weren't like I thought they'd be at all, and then got free pizza at a meeting for IRC. I think I'll be an At-Large Member, since I don't want to run against anyone for anything. I really wish bf would be a member too, since he's gonna get sucked into it anyway. He should get the credit he deserves for it, and it makes a good resume-builder. *pout* I hate advertising things like that. I'm just gonna stop now, cause I feel foolish.
After that, we went back to my place and played until he eventually ended up giving me a massage. Yays~! It made me really happy, and I was ready to pass out, but my roommate called and said she was stopping by Subway before she came home, but that she'd be back in a few minutes, so I told bf to take a hike (nicely, of course. ;)) and hopped into the shower. I took my shower in the dark. YAY! Then I got out, stayed up a little bit, but I honestly was really tired, and while I tried to wait for RB to be ready for bed, it wasn't happening, so I turned out the lights and layed out. My back has seriously been hurting though, so I groaned after just about every movement I made. Eventually I fell out, but I found that I was late for work! >.< So I rushed, while still trying to not wake RB (FAIL!) and it was just sad. There was a 15 minute lateness that I am now ashamed of. It's been a quiet shift, so I'm going back to my room and going to sleep as soon as I change my blogger layout.
I was gonna scold bf for not blogging, but then checked my own first and realized I had no right to say anything. It's been a busy week. ^_^; Eheh...

I like this song, but I'm really sure why...it seems like the type I would DISlike.

No comments: