Monday, November 8, 2010

Wow, Everyone's blogging

I'm happy! It's great! I've read up on everyone but April. She never told me her blog..... :S

I caught a cooooooold!! It sucks...I didn't even go to school today. I just slept and studied, cause midterms are this week.

I'm honestly surprised by the severity of colds here in Japan. I now understand why people collapse from them. I always thought it was exaggerated, but like most things, I'm realizing they're not very exaggerated in manga after all. It's always really surprising.

I feel like there's a lot more I should be talking about, but I'm tired and want to go to sleep. I'm really disappointed that neither bf nor mommy were online this morning. It's totally weird. Oh well. Time savings set in too, so it's even earlier now. *sigh* Sleep it is.

I'm teaching some children tomorrow, so I'm reading up on children behaviors and I found this one. I'm wondering if maybe it's not rather accurately decriptive of me.

"Satisfied with Second Place
Behavior: Specific attitudes and actions of this child at home and/or at school.
  1. Can always identify classmate who is first.
  2. Won't really compete against first-place student.
  3. Usually believes he/she is only worthy of second place. Though a top student, seems to have a sense of inferiority.
  4. May fear failure.
  5. Sees accepting second place as security against having to keep first place.
  6. Reveals this stance in many situations: academics, sports, getting in line.
  7. Seems to make no comparison between him/herself and others, which is a healthy stance. However, always talks of being behind first-place student, and this alters his/her self-concept.
  8. May idolize-or resent-first-place student.
  9. Often very well liked.
  10. Humble.
  11. Considerate."
Heehee.
So now to find a song.....

1 comment:

college kid said...

I think the colds are "worse" in Japan because the virus may have different strains in different parts of the world. So maybe its not that its worse, but that when people first get there, they haven't been exposed to it before, so it feels alot worse.

Is the train system really confusing there? It seems like you take the wrong train alot....

Get better, woman!! Get plenty of sleep! Eat at normal times!!!