Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hisashiburi~!

I am currently eating a cookie that got fried with an apple slice, chilling at my house with my host family while the littles are 'eating'. I guess I'll try to review my week or something.

My hair didn't get cut, until Ikuchin cut it for me on the day of the full moon.
I keep running into the Teacher that's a little scary and a lot of interesting.
I made it to school by bike within 30 minutes. I was scared I was late. I paid for it by nearly being sick to my stomach.
I've been eating spicy things lately. Not because I want them, but because they're in my dinner/breakfast. Wasabi powder beats paste. But I can still handle it. Curry is awesome. Even if I have to stick my tongue out to cool it.
Speaking of hot, my baths have been WAY too hot lately. And I'm the one that's filling the water. I keep ending up sick to my stomach outside the bath. It's a sad day for the Runa. Hot baths have always been my favorite. And now that I can have as many as I want, I don't seem to want them anymore. Well...my body doesn't. I'm totally all for it.
The kids are just getting cuter here. Ah, that's right. Yesterday was Ai-chin's birthday. I didn't know until everyone showed up as we were winding down our night, with a cake and happy faces. I didn't have a gift, but thankfully I have massage skills, so I gave her a body massage instead. She said it was the best present, which is most likely a lie, but I was still happy I could give her something.
Yesterday I had work with the English teacher that wants me to come in so her kids get real foreigner experience. I had to pretend not to understand Japanese. I think I might've annoyed her a bit with that, because then I insisted on English translations of her Japanese instructions. ^.^ I was a little annoyed at having to lie for her. So it all worked out. And I didn't get on the wrong train once the entire way there or back. Yay me.
I've been annoyed a lot lately. I get frustrated, and then feel bad because I didn't have sufficient reason for such annoyance. I'm trying to work on it.
I've lost even more weight~! Yays! Now my pants don't really fit. But still, yay!
I get to play I mean teach, the kids that don't have their parents with them today! I wonder if that came out right. Prolly not. Oh well.
I'm kinda cold now. Brb.
Its amazing how cold you can feel one minute, and how hot another.
Oh right, So my hair, right? I cut it about 2 and a half inches. My mom lost her mind. Told me she'd cut off all funding if I cut my hair off, so I better be well situated before then. Yes, I will be disowned over my hair. And in typical Runa fashion, that just makes me want to cut it all off even more. I mean really, do you think ANY threat is a good idea? When I don't give a damn? It just makes it more likely that I'm gonna do it. But I'd already decided to wait til after Winter, so we'll face that hurdle around my 21st birthday.
I went to a Coffee Shop with Gon-chan where we had yummy sweets and coffee and read manga they had there. It was really nice, and they didn't even tell us when they'd closed. So we overstayed our welcome without knowing it. But they told us to come back with a genuine smile, so I don't think they minded.
Ikuchin's unpacking the Christmas stuff. I think she's really brave to do it with kids around. Yuuna has started teething. She keeps biting me. It doesn't hurt, but it feels like I've been demoted to food. Alrighty, I should stop so I have something to post on the other blog.
Bye byes~!


I cried at this video. It's actually amazing. I'm not sure what message you guys will take from it, but I was impressed.


This video is SO WEIRD!!!!! But it's kinda interesting.....

3 comments:

college kid said...

Yay for losing weight! Do you have a belt? Why did you have to lie for the english teacher?

Runa said...

No belt. I should pick one up soon.
Because she wants her students to speak only english to me, she tells them I don't speak Japanese. I don't like it. But I'm being paid to keep quiet about it. hn.

college kid said...

If you really want to know what Briana Gather looks like, there is a facebook page dedicated to her: http://www.facebook.com/pages/RIP-Briana-Gather/162591453776876

I think you are thinking of Briana Whitaker, who usually hung out with Maria.