Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Going, going, gone!

We are now officially moved! All keys have been sorted out, payments made, and bills are now coming here.

We've moved to a 'one' bedroom on the first floor. There's actually two rooms, but since one is a 9 x 9 ft, I guess they decided it's only fit for an office. It fits my twin bed and a book shelf as well as all the cat's stuff pretty nicely though.

The only thing that didn't fit nicely into its place was my glider (It's a smooth rocking chair, essentially). We've put it in the corner of the dining room under a window (for more light) and it incidentally fits right at the dining room table. It would fit in most places, it's just not easy to decide where to stick it.

I've got most everything put away, and we finally have curtains up in all the rooms (after I did laundry yesterday, I was humming 'curtains, cu~rtains, curta~ins! all the way home). This is important for our room because we're right next to the pool, and apparently people are idiots. Also, it never gets dark in our room because the lights never go out (this isn't Georgia, apparently) outside. Otherwise, the apartment stays pretty dim and cool. I like it; it's kinda like a cave.

I've got most of my books back on bookshelves, though they're so out of order as to make me cry. All that time I spent organizing them just went out the window. I haven't unpacked my clothes yet, but that's cause I haven't felt like I needed to. I will eventually, I just don't want to yet. I found a lot of cool stuff while unpacking though.

Pandora: Just when you're sick of the bad songs, it plays one you love too much to end yourself.

Hubby and I did a lot of errands today. I went and got bloodwork done, then dropped off a blanket to be dry-cleaned, turned in all the keys and money we were supposed to, went to Costco and got our long-term stuff (namely toilet paper and cooking oil), got gas, went to PT while hubby went to find an adapter for our water filter (there isn't one), and ran out of time, so I dropped hubby off at work. He made a snarky comment about maybe next time not throwing away the box with all the adapters, while hurt my feelings, so I wasn't happy with him. Now I have dinner in the oven and will have to go pick him up in about thirty minutes. He didn't get lunch, so I'm sure he'll be hungry.

On my way back from his job (this was the first time I dropped him off), the damn GPS lost satellite signal, and I had no idea how to get home. So I made a few lucky guesses and found my way to the library where I had some books on hold. Trust me to find a library.... I can always find my way home from the library. :)

Tomorrow I'm going to donate some stuff we don't really need/use among other things. It'd be nice if I could find a way to lessen our stuff over the next year. I don't wanna move all this stuff again. Especially not half way across the US.

I was surprised the drummer was a girl. I guess I shouldn't be, but I still was. *shrug* They're pretty cool.

1 comment:

college kid said...

Totally on board for the lessening of the stuff before moving again.