Friday, July 12, 2013

Moving moving moving.....

to the tune of 'Going, going, going'.

We're moving! We're in the transitional period, 'cause we're moving over two days. Hubby had to go to work this afternoon, and has to go in the morning as well. So doing it all in one day isn't practical, since I can only do support work. I can't physically transport stuff, but I can organize and put away things pretty well. So that's what I've been doing!

He moved the decorations, so I've put up all the paintings and butterflies and music notes. I've also assembled one of the book shelves, and just need to nail in the back piece to complete it. Unfortunately I suck at that, so I'm hoping hubby will do it.

Phew. We went to Masala Wok for dinner. Some of the best Asian/Indian food you'll find here in Austin. They have lots of vegetarian options as well, so I hope Caitlec will visit and we can take them there sometime this year.

After dinner, we went and picked out some hooks for our pots to hang on the wall at Home Depot, and I wanted ice cream, so we went to Marble Slab Creamery. It wasn't as impressive as I remember it being, but their Amaretto ice cream was awesome.

Then we came home and went back to work. Hubby's been bringing things to the new apartment, and I've been unpacking/putting them away. Found lots of cool stuff in my old stuff that I think would make great gifts. Went through the curtains I inherited from Mama, and found some cute ladybug ones that I want to wash and put up in the kitchen. I'm having trouble deciding on the curtains for other rooms though. I'm not sure if I want to continue using black-out curtains in our room, or if I want to use some in the 'den' (The RunaCave) so it doesn't get too hot during the summer. It doesn't seem to be as hot on the first floor, so they may not be necessary.

I've asked if Hubby wants to pack it in for the night (since it's nearly 1 and he has work at 9:30 tomorrow morning), and he said 'almost'. Hubbies are interesting.....

I think we're both exhausted. We've both worked a lot today, and we've got to do all the rest tomorrow. Then on top of that, we have to clean the old apartment.

I spackled the old apartment last night, and painted it today, so yay no charge from our deposit for that! I like spackling and painting, honestly. The only room we haven't really moved anything from/to is the kitchen. I've also left my books for everyone to help with tomorrow (because it's easy, and just time-consuming), and of course we couldn't get the heavy furniture, but I think we've made some good progress.

Hubby switched our internet to the new apartment, so to be online, I have to be over here. Good incentive to come over here instead of lazing about in the old one. I'm excited for pizza and help tomorrow. @__@ So very tired.....

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Is the move all done now? Yay!

Runa said...

We're still in transit. The one couple that was really helpful (J&J) had a kid, and couldn't really help much because the babe was getting more and more cranky, though they helped us move all the two-people stuff. In the other couple, Min was really helpful, packing things, and helping carry things, but Jang was only interested in moving things we couldn't do ourselves. The problem wasn't that we couldn't do it, it was that only Hubby could physically move the stuff from one apartment to the other. So they were still helpful, but not nearly as effective. We still have a ton of stuff to transport from one place to another. :( Hubby is really tired and worn out, and I'm pretty much the same. I've gone WAY over my limit for acceptable exercise, and it still feels like hubby is disparaging what I'm able to contribute. Next time we move, I'd better not be injured or I may commit homicide.