Sunday, July 7, 2013

Paraphrasing in the most dishonest of ways.....

is my husband. Yes, yes he is, and he has. Oh well. Modesty and all that.

Since I bullied him into posting on the Independence Day we shared, I'll post about our couple's day on Saturday. We all tried something new this time: We met up at 4 and went swimming before we ate.

Swimming was nice, but I bumped my knee, and walking there was a bit longer than I'm used to walking without any support. J managed to crutch her way there better than I was walking. She's torn her muscles and ligaments in her right leg, though she never explained how very well. We also had the baby with us, and he went swimming as well! His dad reminds me of a puppy though. He kept playing a game where you float in the water, catching and throwing a ball. I played for a while, and wore myself out. Hubby got drafted into playing the most though, since he didn't have a reason not to. It was funny, cause he's not a good swimmer, and obviously didn't want to, but he did it.

Then we had dinner, which was an interesting mash of things. I brought egg rolls, stir-fry, and strawberry shortcake (with the cream dyed blue). Min brought some really yummy pork balls that she's going to teach us to make on Wednesday. J made some bean/veggie salsa dip that went with some home made tortilla chips pretty well. She also made chocolate cookies with creme between them. They were surprisingly good. I want that recipe tooooo....

Then we played games, and the women beat the men rather handily. But by then I was really tired, so I broke up our meeting (I only really meant to leave quietly) and we all suggested doing the same next week.

One Problem: Next week we're moving! And they're all helping us! Oops! So what we've decided to do (since it's so hot here) is have them come over around 5:30, eat pizza, then move the heavy stuff. Hubby and I will be working on getting all the little stuff moved over, as well as getting as much set up ahead of time as we can. Then they'll hopefully help us get the odds and ends wrapped up. After they help us move, if it's really hot, I suggested they bring bathing suits, and we'll all go swimming. The baby might not like that so much because it'll be his bed time, though.

Pineapples gave me a link to a site that lets you draw floor plans on your computer. I'd like to try it out, but now that the time is so near, I feel more compelled to just be packing things up and arranging them when we get there.

On a related note: Hubby says that I don't nag him enough. Just now, I asked if he ever got the screen door open for him. His response was that I had never outright asked him to do it...... And yet he says I'm demanding. It's a bemusing combination. I guess he likes the demanding side, and is asking for more...? :) That interpretation amuses me, so I'll stick with it.

This song was stuck in my head as I tried to get to sleep last night. Since there was no real way to sing or hum it, I gradually replaced it with 'Sunrise' instead.


This is Sunrise:

3 comments:

college kid said...

Heh. I wouldn't say I like the demanding side. But saying "I give up. The door is stuck." is quite a bit different from "Could you open the screen door for me so I can get to the boxes outside?" I certainly considered asking if you needed help, but you sat back down on the couch without seeming to have any intention of asking for help. It's called making a request, not being demanding. There is a huge difference in how to ask me to do things, some nicer than others. But simply not asking me leaves it open to the interpretation that you have a problem or something you need to do but want to do it yourself. Sort of along the same logic as when a woman talks to a man about her problems, not because she wants the man to fix her problem, but because she wants him to listen to her so she can vent. Men are more direct. Or you know what? Screw the generality. I am more direct than that. So on behalf of men everywhere, I say to all women: please just ask if you want us to do something. Because while I can read your mind most of the time, it isn't foolproof.

Caitlin said...

Do you have a picture of the cake?

Runa said...

....Nope. I had everyone kind of 'make their own, by combining the ingredients in the amounts they wanted.
Also: I screamed for Reb to turn on the light tonight, and he totally didn't do it until I screamed again. So much for asking him to do things.....
:P