Sunday, August 22, 2010

Youtube is well on its way to being my new addiction

....and that may be very bad, considering last time I was in Japan, I couldn't access it, because of region restrictions.

It's 3 am, my brother is in the next room, my nephew is being cordial (surprising, but kinda cool), and my mom didn't let me know when she got off the compie. *sigh* Oh well.

Silent Disco was GREAT! The shift things did NOT work out well. No one really relieved anyone else, and bf and I got roped into working when we weren't supposed to have to. And we nearly got into trouble when two others DID relieve us. It was silly. And I don't really know that they could have done anything beyond shame us. *shrug* And we behaved pretty well, considering it was a party. (Though, bf said his idea of behaving was our limited grinding. Kinda funny, I think, since he's never really seemed to like grinding, and I dislike it on moral grounds) There were also lots of times when we had nothing useful to do. It was almost enough to piss me off, but really, I just felt useless. FUCIWENRDGIVDJFVM!!!! If I stab my toes ONE F-ING MORE TIME!!!! I meant stub. But it feels like I'm stabbing them, so I'll let that be a Freudian slip. That's the fourth time in 24 hours.

My vacation was great. I was super happy Rozy could come with us, even though our time together was cut short. Munchkin behaved, and Mom was surprisingly indulgent. The beach was awesome, and it even provided me with a complementary pedicure. Which I ruined when I stubbed my toes the third time. Damn it. And of course, I got the typical sunburn, with a distinctly unique sunburn on my face. I haven't had my nose get burnt in so long, it's quite unusual. On the last day, we went to the aquarium and Chay turned back into a monster brat. Ooh, I also finally got mom to admit that he IS a brat. Quite an accomplishment.

I'm thinking of doing an entire blog post of just music videos/songs I've taken to, since Youtube has become my dirty little secret lately. Blogs remind me,...

The Head of Housing for NC State talked with me about blogging while I'm in Japan. I keep wondering if she was serious. Probably not, but if she was, it certainly wouldn't be a hardship. Now, keeping it G-Rated might be, but doing it wouldn't.

Bf spiked his hair on Saturday. It was surprisingly sexy; made me want to run my fingers through his hair even more than I usually want to. Our microwave is broken... (That's not as random as it sounds, but the trail of thought that led to it is too convoluted for explanation on a blog) I never realized how often a microwave makes life easier. But they're also patently unhealthy. Microwave-heated water is much more gross than plain boiled water. You should test it, if you don't believe me.

Did Adam Lambert actually win American Idol? I thought there were two or three others in that season that were better than him, but he's all I've heard lately.

*snicker* My uh, Quote of the Day: "I never know what's going to come out of your mouth. I find that fascinating, in a morbid kind of way." -SOOOOOO funny.

I can't help snickering every time I see this video:

3 comments:

college kid said...

Adam Lambert did not officially win American Idol. He was the runner up. However, you won't hear Kris Allen (the winner of American Idol) on the radio because his music is mediocre and unoriginal. I don't know how he won.

college kid said...

I finally watched the Misery music video. I don't think I've ever seen so many stunts/violent special effects in a song about love.

Runa said...

I knoooooow! I love it! When I showed my family, they were like, "See, there's something wrong with HER too. It's just more hidden then ours are"