Thursday, October 17, 2013

Massage School: SO INTERESTING!!

They have worked the logistics out over a 20 year period. The classes are: 1 hour lecture on homework material, including 'fill-in-the-blanks' study sheets passed out on the first day, followed by 3 hours of practical 'learning by doing' with a fifteen minute break every hour, or whenever the students call for one.

The material is so interesting. The teachers are incredibly competent. And the location is so convenient! I'm loving it!

My only problem: The key to succeeding is practice. Constantly. Hubby has his own homework to do. I can't make him lay on a table for an hour while I practice on him over and over! >.< I think there's an easy enough solution: Find a classmate with time on their hands, and practice on each other. Troublesome, but effective. I'll worry about it a bit more when I have more to practice than simply draping the sheet over a body.

I was a little worried about my body and this school. I had good reason. My leg won't do the squats and lunges we're supposed to do for very long. I can do it at first, but it soon gets too painful. This is my reason (excuse) for not going jogging tonight. Technically I have every reason to, and none not to, but I can't get myself out the door. Go figure.

My classmates are all very interesting, and very sincere (or else searching for their own place to belong). We went around the circle tonight and shared our reasons for coming to this massage school, and a little about our lives. It was very interesting and helps you remember each person, even if the name escapes you.

My cat is apparently desperate for attention. Yesterday I picked her up with the intention of holding her too close, rubbing her too energetically, and scratching her too hard. I amuse myself by torturing her sometimes. It backfired. She leaned in, laid down on me, and soaked it all up. This means I need to give her some bonafide kitty-loving sessions. I haven't done it in a while, she probably needs grooming, and it'll be a good de-stressor. Maybe I can even practice some massage methods on her.



Japanese TV in one hour. Pretty funny and interesting, but long. Take breaks. :P
http://hannahbrencher.com/2013/04/04/25-things-every-woman-needs-to-know/

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

Yay!! It's great you love the school so much!

april said...

So glad to hear that new school is getting off to a positive start!