Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Massage is guuuuuud.

So I turned in my scholarship essays and stuff today. I hate leaving things til the last minute, but at least I got it in. >.< Thanks to hubby for looking it over for me.

Today we put together Swedish massage of the front legs, feet, and abdomen. Tomorrow we learn arms and legs. :) Also tomorrow, I'll be meeting people for some out of class study on practical draping and such. I really need the practice, and the more you do outside of class, the better you ultimately become.

:X My last two partners loved my massage. They said it was the best they had had yet. ^////^ It made me happy, but I also want to know what to improve. It looks like right now I need to focus on improving my body awareness so I don't strain anything because I'm not doing it right. My hips and wrists tend to hurt, for example. So I end up sore most days. It's probably because I'm leaning forward, so I need to watch that.

I'm pretty sure two of my partners have fallen asleep on me.... One did for sure, because when I started tapoting her legs, she gasped and told me she had dozed off. I panicked, thinking I'd hurt her, so she had to explain. I guess she was tired. ^.^ The other just.... stopped responding. I check in frequently, making sure the pressure is good and the feeling is right, but they just stop responding and I'm never sure if that's because they're tired of answering my questions or if they're dozing and don't hear me. Tonight's partner also stopped responding for a while, but when I went to do the abdomen she started responding again. I don't mind the doze and snooze, but I want recommendations! One partner said "Oh, you're definitely going to be successful!" I was very flattered.

Doing a good massage leaves me feeling a little energized, a little happy, and very satisfied. If I can keep feeling this way about my choice, I think I'll be quite happy in life.

That's all. Oh wait. I also joined a scanlation group to translate a manga I love. Now I'm their Japanese to English translator, though honestly I was just volunteering to help until they found someone else! =.=;; Oh well. I have to keep up with my Japanese somehow, right? It's not bad at all.

3 comments:

Caitlin said...

Yay massage!

Here's an idea for keeping up your Japanese in addition to volunteering: make subtitles for Japanese youtube videos and repost them. Then send them to me so I can enjoy them!! I think you can get paid for it, too.

april said...

Yay for enjoying what you do! I’ve never thought about the aches and pains the massager must go through to give a good massage before.

Runa said...

Yeah, rather than focusing on making my partner feel good, I usually try to find good biomechanics (way of doing it so it doesn't hurt me) now instead. I'm good at massage, so I think it's good to take the time to learn the least destructive way to do it. ^.^