Friday, November 1, 2013

What would you do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnOt1ZSp_tw

I really enjoy these videos. They show humanity as well as callousness. I appreciate the look into people's pysches that these videos offer. You should look through them.

Some made me cry. I know what I would do with most of them, but even I'm unsure of what I would do in some situations.

On another note, what do you think about public breastfeeding? When I was in Japan, it was actually quite common. So I'm totally fine with it, but I think I'd rather have my husband there with me to help mitigate onlookers from commenting. If you're going to breastfeed your child, it's going to require a bit of public feeding if you don't pump'n'store. I'm not certain of the safety of the milk once it's been pumped and left for any amount of time, either though. So what would you do? Will you breastfeed, and just hide at home for weeks until your baby can be brought out for a couple of hours without needing to feed?

Pineapples: I think this would be interesting for you. :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRJ3PRestDM
What bothers me, is that when you're raised completely without meat, eating meat WILL make you sick. Your body is not longer adapted to eat it. So these people are trying to MAKE the child sick. I think it's really cool how they were at a barbeque restaurant and all the patrons stood up for the vegans though. ^.^

It's really heartening to see people respond without knowing they were being recorded. I've watched a LOT of them today (Feeling sick, so I'm basically just crying at the videos and smiling and wanting to share them all but settling for just a few) and actually seen a few real life instances of people being helped, without it being a WWYD. I've seen mothers get help with paying for groceries, and I've seen mothers that actually count on it, otherwise they wouldn't be able to get any food. There are good and bad things about these types of assistance, but ultimately, I think helping is never really a bad thing.


2 comments:

april said...

In some of those “what would you do” videos, I really feel like I wouldn’t do anything because I don’t know the full story and it isn’t my place. Plus I don’t like being filmed in public or being filmed reacting to things. Plus, things that kids these days do for their social media videos. Or the risk of getting injured/sued for being a good Samaritan. Like, if there was one person drowning I would hope that I wouldn’t try to save them myself because then there would be two people drowning.

It would be nice if there were private places that aren’t bathrooms for women to breast feed while out.

Runa said...

When I was in Japan, my host sister just covered herself with a blanket while we were in a cafe and went to it. I was only shocked that she was fine about it, and then totally didn't mind at all. I think people make too big of a deal about it and that's the cause of problems.
I also don't know that I would step up, but watching a good number of these videos, I've noticed that they deliberately exasperate a situation beyond what you could commonly find in social situations to where you're (generally) wrong to sit and watch the immorality continue.
;) If someone's drowning, call 911 and if you're the only good swimmer around, swim out to them, pin their arms, and keep your head away from theirs so they can't head-butt you. ;)