Friday, November 22, 2013

I tried to set up a study group

and one person said she would come. But she hasn't called, texted, or messaged me yet. :( I even tidied up a little bit.

So, for the 'bad' news: My sister went to court on Wednesday about her baby boy Max (who I've never met), and the judge's first decision was to give him to his father's family. But C's father stood up and said he wanted a paternity test done, and everyone got mad, and the judge said to forget it, all their rights were terminated, and Max is being put up for adoption. It turns out that his foster mother wants to adopt him, and he's always been happy and clean and well-dressed (according to Cin), so I think he's going to a good home.

Then the next day, Mimi called Nana and asked her to come eat lunch with her. The foster mother had said that she didn't see a problem with it, but the social worker said no when the school called her about mom coming in. Mom showed up and signed in and saw Mimi as she went to lunch, but the office ladies told Mimi to keep walking and told Nana that SS had said she wasn't on the allowed list to see Mimi, and she had to leave. Mom called SS about it, and got into an argument with the social worker, so my visit in December might be in jeopardy. *sigh* Plus, Mimi was left disappointed because they wouldn't let Nana explain to her why she couldn't eat with her.

Mimi called Cin that night, and Cin explained what happened, and Mimi said it was fine, and they got to talking. Mimi told Cin that she had lied about Chay touching her sexually, but that R (Cin's then-boyfriend) HAD touched her, just like she told Nana he had. Cin asked why Mimi had lied to her for so long (it's been years now. I was a senior in high school when this happened), and Mimi said she'd been scared. Cin still won't admit she was wrong to go back to R after Mimi said that. She said she hadn't believed that he would do that, and she regrets the arguments, but there hadn't been a doubt in her mind that he hadn't done it because Mimi told her it was Chay and not R. She doesn't seem to understand THAT's why Mimi changed her story. Kids are sensitive to adult's moods and beliefs, and it was better to change the story and still believe her mommy loved her, than to tell about the guy she loved and see if her mommy would choose the guy over her or not. I can't explain it without getting perilously angry, because if there's the slightest doubt about a man, I would give him up before I would risk my kids, and I would never go back to him. I believe hubby would never, ever do such a thing, especially since he doesn't even like kids. But I also can't imagine being in that situation because it's hubby I married. At least she wasn't married to the bastard, though I can't forgive her for going back to him like she did.

After she got off the phone with Mimi, Cin called the police, and they said it wasn't too late to charge R, now that Mimi was admitting it. What bothers me is the story Mimi told. She said Cin was at work, and they were at a hotel they were living in, and Mimi told R her 'monkey' was hurting (Bubble baths bother her genitals, so that was probably what made her all raw), and he told her to take off her pants, and when she did, he stuck a finger in her. Knowing Mimi as I do, I'm now doubtful there was anything sexual about it. I'm not sure, and for me, that's enough to continue hating him, but I know Cin and R had sex with Mimi in the room while they thought she was sleeping. A lot. And Mimi has a very active imagination, and could construe his looking at her monkey to see what's wrong, as being sexual, especially if he moved her 'lips' around to see if there were any bumps or anything. She would easily construe it that way, and so I'm unsure if anything really happened. But it bothers me to know the full story now, and still have so many questions. If it was innocent, then when he was accused all those years ago, wouldn't he have told about the same story? And I know his penis was tiny, like, finger size or smaller, so he could have been having sex with Mimi, rubbing her raw (like we thought the bubble bath was doing) and we would never have really known it until Mimi said. The ambiguity of having an idea of what happened, and still not knowing, bothers me. :/ I don't know.

Anyway, Cin is now staying with Bubba through the holidays. She admitted that she tried to commit suicide a month and half ago, that she felt like everything was hopeless, and that C stopped her from doing it. I owe him some thanks. Maybe I'll get him a Christmas present for saving my sister's life. I still hate him intensly, but I would like to show my gratitude. I love my sister too much to ignore that help. So I finally have a way to get in touch with her!

She told me that she hated calling me anymore because she never got to talk to me without having to admit to x number of screw-ups that she's done. I told her that's life, and that everyone makes mistakes and things happen to everyone. She sounded disbelieving, so I asked if I'd told her about hitting a car on Valentine's Day. I hadn't, so I told her that. Then I mentioned that office job letting me go, and how I haven't heard from her since I told her I'd gotten the job, so I hadn't been able to tell her about them deciding I wasn't a good fit. How, because she doesn't talk to me, she doesn't know about my screw-ups, but that everyone does mess up, and it's a part of life, and she should be able to see that.

We ended on a good note, and I realized I hadn't gotten to ask her for her lawyer's contact info. *siiiiiigh* She said that she wants to be with Bubba because she knows that he and I care about her and wouldn't turn our backs on her. *tilts head* I don't know. If she screws up much more, I won't be able to help it. She's got an apartment ready for that is income-based, so as soon as she starts making an income, she'll be able to move into it, and next week she has someone coming to help her find a job. I think Cin would make a great secretary or assistant. She's very sociable and can hold her own in a confrontation. But she has so much bad background, and her credit is so very bad, that I don't see anyone hiring her in that capacity. It's sad.

I'm wracking my brain trying to think of something to make for dinner and not coming up with much of anything. *sigh* I don't necessarily want to eat out, but I certainly don't have anything I want to make. I think I'm a little depressed that I tried to do a study group and no one showed.

We have our first written exam on Monday and I think if I just read through my notes, I'll be prepared enough. We have forty minutes, and forty six questions, so it shouldn't be too bad. It'll be a good indicator of how well we'll test.

It's certainly getting cold now. I'm covered with a blanket and I'm still cold. That could be contributing to my languid mood.

I still need to call Mom, so I'll go ahead and get off. Love you guys. Sorry my post is so full of crap. But that's life, right?




1 comment:

college kid said...

Heavy post.

I am glad Mimi was able to finally tell the truth. Hopefully they will charge R. But I wonder if the case could just end up hurting her chances of getting Mimi again. Then again, I am not sure that would necessarily be a bad thing.

Love you! Your family is crazy, but I love you!