Thursday, December 5, 2013

Mmm. Yummy cinnamon buns.

We bought a dozen frozen cinnamon rolls months back, and I've been working my way through them two at a time every since. Sometimes Hubby would make them for me, and sometimes I would make them, but the general consensus was that neither of us could make it without burning the damn things. Today was the final pair (and I don't think I'll be buying them again. Way too much trouble for medium deliciousness and they don't cook in the same times), and I finally made it without burning them. How? I cooked it for 13 minutes instead of the 15-20 minutes they suggest. It was yummy, but overall I think they take up too much space for too long for me to want to buy them again.

I've been thinking about getting Mimi a lot lately. Taking care of her, raising her to be a smart and independent young woman, cooking meals for three instead of two.... It's been on my mind. And I'll admit, I'm looking forward to it. It'll be so nice to have a third party help you eat something. There's lots of things that I love, but just don't make because I'll be the only one eating them and that's lonely and sad. It's just one of those things that happens when you and your partner have different tastes.

Oh, but speaking of tastes, I made Tonkatsudon yesterday! For those trying to remember, it's pork cutlet rice bowl. Breaded and deep-fried pork loin chops cut into slices and laid over white rice with tonkatsu sauce over it. I also made some grilled brocollini to go with it that was wonderfully salty and garlicy.

I think I need a nap. I'm done with this post. Sorry it's so short. :X

Ooh. This song gives me the chills. I like the original and this cover of it. I hope you like it too. :)

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

That was such a great cover!

Yay food. Now I'm hungry.