Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Once again feeling down

You know, as soon as I come off of the steroids, I generally start coughing again, getting nausea, headache, fatigue, and just general bad things start happening inside my body. Whatever I've got, my body isn't fighting it off. So it would be great, Ms. Doctor peoples, if you could figure out what the hell it is, and assist with recovery.

I'm honestly beginning to dread the idea of our trip. Getting there, being with everyone? AWESOME. Being in a car for 12+ hours when I'm already feeling shitty? Plus a cat? Plus poor hubby having to deal with my not-feeling good AND when I get loopy? It just seems like a bad idea. But we're agreed to go, and everyone is expecting us, and I really want to see everyone, so I'm gonna eat lots of zantac and excedrin and see how that works out for me.

Today Hubby and I got a lot of errands done. We mailed off some things, cashed my check, I bought hubby's Christmas gift, we went to PT where they worked me hard, ate at Masala Wok, and still had time to go home and drop off our rent check and leave a note for one of the workers about receiving pregnancy massage.

I got my results back from my practical exam on Monday. I had points taken off for my biomechanics (Doing things that aren't good for me), and points taken off for not keeping my client from talking. ....She only made a comment about moving, and that's because she had scratches and bruises all over that I had to ask her about, so I didn't rub oil into them. I don't feel like I should have had points taken because of a 30 second convo, but the comment was that it's my responsibility to keep my client quiet, so I'll quietly take it. A lot of people made nineties and stuff  this time so I feel less self-conscious about making a 96. Last time I made a 98. And we got our progress reports. I have an A- in physiology because of a homework that I turned in incomplete (I'd forgotten to do the last page), but otherwise I have straight As and A+s. So I'm doing pretty well.

Today and tomorrow we're reviewing our notes and stuff because the Monday we come back, we have a written exam. It's good, because I can take my notebook on our trip and study in the car when I'm not driving.

Tomorrow I'm going to be doing all the laundry, washing dishes, loading the car, and packing up everything so we can just get up and leave Friday morning. We're gonna take a cooler with snacks and drinks with us, so maybe we won't have to stop as often, and it won't be as bad. I'm worried about Maya, but I'll be damned if I'm walking the damn cat again. I got SOOO many strange looks when we moved her down here. And it's not like she used the restroom or ate anything. I'll stick a bowl with some water in her cage thing when we stop for gas and see if that will settle it.

Here's a pretty cool video Hubby and I watched. http://www.danoah.com/this-is-how-you-make-a-family-christmas-card  I thought it was really cute and kinda cool, in a weird way. I don't think I could do that, but I applaud them for managing to.

Hubby needs to get to bed, so I'm gonna try and sleep too. I haven't been sleeping well lately, so I hope I can just fall asleep and stay out this time. Sweet dreams everyone!!

1 comment:

Caitlin said...

The Christmas video was super cute.

Looks like you are doing great in your class! Congratulations! I'm glad your trip was successful and you fought through your sickness. :)