Saturday, April 12, 2014

Compliments

In school, it's extremely frowned on to comment on a person's body, especially a client. I don't like this restriction. I want to be able to compliment a person, but they say it will give them negative thoughts regardless. Either they will think 'Is that the only thing worth complimenting about me?' or 'They're just saying that' or 'Are they coming on to me?'
I don't really agree with this. I had a client yesterday that told me, 'You know old people skin? I have that. SO be really careful of bruising me.' I was like 'Okay, you know best.' But when I started working on her, I kept thinking 'But your skin is so soft and fluffy...It feels so good. Why don't you like it??' and I COULDNT comment on it. :( I was super unhappy that she didn't like her skin when it was really awesome skin.
And I face that ALL THE TIME!!!! We're also told not to comment on bad things about their body, but that also feels bad. IF I know, and THEY know their shoulder is out of whack, it will make them feel that I don't know my stuff if I'm like "Oh, no, your shoulder totally feels fine! Be glad you have it!" I would rather have a convo like "Oh, yeaaaah. I can feel those knots. You must have been under a lot of stress. Let me try to ease some of that for you." So they know and I know whats going on in their bodies. And they feel safe enough to trust me with their bodies because I have shown I know what I'm doing.

Well, these things make me unhappy, but I still love my clients. I also still love baking. I made this Cherry Pineapple smash cake the other day:
It has sliced almonds on top. They're so much easier for me to eat than the whole ones.

This morning when I woke up, my cat wrapped herself around my arm to keep me in bed. See?

And this is my Greek Goddess Gown. The birthday dress Hubby bought me, that makes me super happy. The wind suddenly blew up, and startled me. Heheh.


My neck and head have been hurting for a while now, and I'm really almost totally sick of it. I'm not sure of how to fix it though. And I think I've figured out the action that causes my shoulder to hurt. *sigh* It's not an easy fix though. When I bend my fingers and pull my arm toward me, it huuuuurts. This apparently includes just pressing on the keyboards sometimes. Tch.

Hubby caught a cold. It sucks for him. He's constantly sneezing and blowing his nose now. That seems to be about all though. So I think it sounds more like allergies, but I don't know.

Yeah, I think I'm done for the night. I can feel my fever rising again. I don't like it when I can feel my face begin to burn. *sigh* I really wanna move, but the job opportunities are better here. Tch. Well, we'll see how things go. Good night!

This video/song is interesting!!


I dont know if I've posted this video, but I think it's super cool:

1 comment:

college kid said...

Heh. Well that's the thing about most jobs. Most of them usually have some rules you have to follow even if you don't agree with them. Mathnasium has a few rules that I just roll my eyes at, but most of them make sense.