Thursday, May 29, 2014

I AM LICENSED!!!!

I promised I would blog when it came through. I am now officially able to work on others and make a profit. And, incidentally, my boss was fed up with waiting for the license and was going to have me start on Friday. Now I can legally do it! I was sooooo worried about it, but now I don't have to! I didn't even know how worried I was until I had the burst of joy and relief at finding out that my license came in TEN DAYS. They estimate 2-4 weeks, normally. And the first classmate to finish and complete his stuff was still waiting for his, 23 days after submitting it.
I'll admit, since he's a vicious little bastard, I am quite smug to get my license so quickly when he's been stuck waiting on his for so long. I SHOULDNT be so mean, but I am. Also? My grades were AWESOME. My lowest grade was actually an 87 in pathology; considering how ill the pathology classes made me, I'm okay with that. All others were 90 and above, and my actually internship was a flat 100. That's fifty hours of paperwork and massages that they found ZERO bit of fault with. That makes me incredibly happy.
On another note: I'm sure hubby will mention this, but he had a phone interview with someone from VA, and it sounds quite promising. A population of 24,000 sounds absolutely heavenly after this city of 800,000. I am super excited about possibly moving to a nice quiet city, but I'm equally upset at having to tell my employers that I won't be sticking around for more than a few months. This situation is exactly why I didn't want to apply to any jobs. But, we could use the money, and I could use the practice, so beyond this, I won't complain.
As for court, they did NOT receive the ICPC, and we were contacted the same day to go get fingerprinting done by the FBI. Damnit. They also rescheduled court for July 2nd, so we will NOT have a little ten year old until at least then. My sister wants to push the court to meet as soon as they get the ICPC order so we get the little one as soon as possible, but frankly, if she's happy where she is, we're happy to wait to get her until we're settled. I can't believe how pushy and demanding my sister is being about getting us to take her babe before the courts decide in our favor. In her emails she often vacillates between "I'm so sorry to put both of your lives on hold for this" (Which is nonsense ANYWAY because life goes on, we just have new circumstances) and "You're gonna get the coolest kid, sans baby diapers and potty training" (which is EQUALLY ridiculous because I changed her diapers and helped potty train her, as well as dealt with peed sheets (that I was sleeping in) when it failed). I have to say, I can definitely see signs of bipolar madness from her just by reading the emails. Not that I love her any less, simply that I feel vindicated for thinking my family is crazy.
Ah, I forgot this tidbit: my mom is hiding that she possibly has cancer from me. She's been getting testing done for cancer, and something came back positive. I have heard none of this from the person in question, damnit. She should know better than to hide things from me, and yet she does. So now I have to subtly prod it out of her without condemning my sources like a damn politician. Actually, I vaguely delight it catching people out on things like this, so I think I'll make an excellent mom.
This reminds me of the time when I admitted to my mom about trying marijuana. I was laying with my head in her lap and admitted it. She said she already knew, but she appreciate my telling her. I then proceeded to admit to three other unnamed misdeeds. She knew of one of the others already, but not the other two. She appreciated my honesty, and I didn't get punished. Life was good. That's the kind of mom I wanna be.
So why won't SHE tell ME about her cancer??? It feels good to get stuff off your chest. And she knows she can trust me. Why do I have to hear about it from other people?!

5 comments:

college kid said...

She probably just doesn't want to worry you with it. We have our own problems and she probably doesn't want to be a burden. Gee, I wonder where you could have gotten that from?

Besides, she might want to wait to make absolutely sure about what it is before she tells everyone.

Caitlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitlin said...

Don't tell your employers about it at all until you are 100% certain you are leaving.

Runa said...

I won't. I don't want to have to cower around after all the time they put into teaching me. I'm even hoping to provide a replacement. ;)

Caitlin said...

:D How was your first day??