Friday, May 9, 2014

Job/Test/Freedom

So I took my MBLEx last night and..... passed it! My classmate that took it right after me didn't though... I felt bad for her. After she told me, I saw our old instructor, and pulled him aside to mention it to him. I thought he might be able to do something, or make himself available for her. She's taking it again in a week or two. Poor woman. I offered to study with her before, but she chose not to. She has two kids, so she said she'd rather spend the time with them. I know they're important, but so is her passing, so *shrug*.

This song is interesting. It surprises me a little because of the singers. It's not their typical music type. Correction for the lyrics: It's 'I'll stand up WITH you forever' not 'for'. That makes the lyrics so much sweeter.


Compare it, if you will to:


Same band, different types of music. I like both, honestly. I also like the sentiments behind them. So... essentially I rather like this band. It looks like these two songs were released on the same album. Their first, and it went gold! That's impressive. It seems most of the band has been replaced over the last 11 years except for the lead singer. Hm. Ah well.

My computer is regularly overheating now (sad face). I've pulled out the good old computer fan. I should probably start looking around for a replacement. :/

I have THREE internship massages left!! I applied for my license today. I took my jurisprudence exam (it's a no-fail thing, so it was no biggie), I accepted a job offer for a Massage place that uses Thai massage (they'll teach us), hand and foot massage, and chair massage as their basics. It seems like a fun, if not particularly strenuous job. However, I have to wait at least 1 week to finish filing for my license. Then it will likely take 2-4 weeks to process, culminating in 3-5 weeks before I can start working!! I don't know if the job will wait for me that long. *cries*

Everything we could do for the Home Study is done. Now the Austin branch is assessing the report, making a recommendation, and then sending it to the Raleigh branch, who will then send it to the Cumberland branch, hopefully in time for court on the 28th. Hopefully.

So all of this means that I am, for all intents and purposes, FREEEEEE!! I'm free for the next little while (weeks?) because I'm just waiting for paperwork and decisions to be made. Yaaaaaay!!

Today is my sister's birthday. Monday was my other sister's birthday. My sister should have gotten her card today, because Momma got hers (her Mother's Day card) today as well. In my sissie's card, I included a shit ton of photos that I facebook-stalked out of my family's albums. I think there were 28 photos. It's all she's consistently asked for, so I did my best. I told her she better be grateful. :3 It took 3 hours!! And Hubby had to cut them out. *nods* But now she's got what she's asked for, and we also sent her a book she asked for. I don't know if they'll let her have it though. It wasn't very clear, but we got it off of Amazon like she said was okay..... *shrug* Oh well. I did my part.

I wonder if I haven't let Hubby spoil me too much. I say things so bluntly sometimes that it comes off as very mean. It's difficult to stay honest without being mean occasionally though. Hmph. 

:P Teehee? I went swimming tonight and did a lot of exercises for 30 minutes! Then I swam around, got cold, and then got into the hot tub to chill. I haven't been getting enough sleep lately, so I'm super, super tired. Soon I shall convince Hubby to go to bed.... soooooooon~!

I can't decide if I like this song or hate it. The message behind it isn't that great (in my opinion), and I know I hate the video. I think the singer's a narcissistic prick, but that's just my impression from the combined song/video. Make your own conclusion and then tell me! Good night! :)

6 comments:

college kid said...

Yay passing the exam and getting a job offer. Boo slow license processes.

college kid said...

And you said that some of the people who were leaving were not going to leave for awhile, so maybe they will wait? Fingers crossed.

Runa said...

That's true. I hope they'll wait, but they may not. :( *sigh* I hate waiting. I can't imagine them being happy about having to wait as well.

Caitlin said...

You got the job offer and accepted though? Did they not tell you a start date?

Anyway, wow! That was a lot of information in one post! You got a job and passed and all that! Wow so fast! Congratulations!

The music sounds early 2000s. I didn't check if it was or not.

Caitlin said...

By that I mean the first two songs. The last one is odd.

Runa said...

The last song seems to have just come out. You're right, the first two were released in 2003, I believe.
They offered it to me, but asked when I would have my license and insurance, and I had to contact people and the absolute earliest is probably in 3 weeks. It's much more likely to be a month to 6 weeks. And I'm not sure if they're willing to wait so long for me. They have people leaving in two weeks, and they're really busy. :/