Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

Happy Mothers Day!! :) In the spirit of Mothers Day, I read about Breadwinner Mothers in this article. I think the statistics are interesting, but I seriously wonder how 'random' a random survey is.

So... we skyped with my mother in law today. There were a lot of awkward silences and times where hubby just cuddled into me and wouldn't contribute to the conversation. I don't mind when there's something to talk about, but when I'm scrambling for a topic, damnit, HELP ME. I'm NOT the most social person out there. I really struggle and stress over trying to talk to someone, especially if its not someone I would personally choose to call.

I tried to skype my mom twice, but I didn't call. I really should have, but she's moving everyone this weekend, and I don't really wanna distract from that. I also don't want to piss her off by calling too much. Oh, to explain the moving: She's moving my brother into her trailer (that she owns, including the land it's on), and moving her sister from said trailer to my brother's trailer/apartment. She can't continue to pay both family's bills, so she's choosing her son over her sister, who she's supported for at least the last four years. He's always been meant to move into that trailer anyway. It's in her will and everything.

I read a book today. It's called 'Carrier of the Mark' and it was interesting. Not at all what I was expecting, but totally surprising in its Irish/magic/Druid/betrayal stuff going on. There's a volume after it that I didn't know about, so now I have to read that one. *sigh* I picked it because I thought it was a stand-alone.

Baby showers.... I would love to have one when I get pregnant. Here's some cool baby shower ideas. http://www.buzzfeed.com/pippa/fun-baby-shower-games I cringe at the baby poop idea though. That's just gross.

I saw this on Facebook tonight. It's pretty cute:


This is rather fascinating, and makes the bunny look like its wearing lipstick. *staaaaares*


My knee REALLY hurts. So does my butt, my lower back, my arms, and my feet. If you would like to know why: I did 20 dips facing forward and backward in the pool, I did a few laps using different styles, I dove for quarters a good number of times, and I did a dance/workout video twice to the song 'Dark horse'. I did it to the video below, but I think I like the original(?) creator's better (Her name is Jessica). The original(?) is more clear, and clean-cut. I got a little disoriented with this one. But I dare you all to do this video to the end. I was TIRED.




2 comments:

college kid said...

This is why I don't really like talking to my mom. We always run out of things to talk about. At this point, I think it was more of a chance for her to see us than anything. The convo itself wasn't really as important.

Caitlin said...

I really liked the biology one. It was cute!