Thursday, January 28, 2010

Selfishness

To warn you, I am only going to type this for as long as my hot cocoa mood lasts. Which reminds me, I have FIVE BOXES of Hot Cocoa. How? Why? Apparently my entire family believes I love hot cocoa (they're not wrong) and so constantly keep me in supply. It's yummy. I really like the double fudge one. It's not as sweet as the milk chocolate so I like it more.

I wonder how Rozy's interest meeting went....2 a.m. is too late to call tonight, isn't it? I have to remember to call tomorrow and see how it went. ^_^ I hope it was awesome.

So, to the topic for tonight. Selfishness. I just read a manga in which the female lead was a selfish and unable to fend for herself girl that was in love with her servant. He loved her as well and found her selfishness endearing. Then another guy enters into the equation, and while he originally intended to break off their engagement, her selfishness amused him and he grew to love her for it. I don't really understand this. I thought selfishness was one of the worst and most hated qualities in a person. I'm only selfish with a very few number of people. My family, when they can afford it, because they HAVE to love me. (Yes, I realize my family doesn't HAVE to love me, they could hate me and get away with it, but it's not in our value system to actually hate each other without some bloodshed involved.) My bf I can be selfish with because....well....*tilts head* At first it was kind of testing, to see how much of me he could stand. Now it's just...well, I'm selfish, but not terribly so, and he doesn't mind, so what else should I do but be myself, right? But I can't understand why the girl whose key feature is her selfishness has earned love with only those things. Oh well. Cocoa is done. Beddy bye time!

No comments: