Thursday, June 13, 2013

I am IMPRESSIVE!

:3 That's totally my special word today. Before that though:

I hope you're okay, April! I know hydroplaning is scary, but I'm glad you didn't actually crash or damage your car significantly. If something happened to you, we wouldn't hear about it for a while, and I would feel sad and guilty (for not somehow knowing when it happens). ;__;

Back to impressive me! I had a lot of appointments today, and did something I don't think I've ever instigated before. I'll try to go in order.

We got up, I took my medicine, and then we went to the dentist. They taught me some techniques for brushing my teeth, and told me to get a waterpik. She recommends cordless for shower usage. I'm a huge hater of cords and cables and they just drive me crazy! Hubby is being annoying and won't understand my point of view. He's been moody and quiet all day, so I'm gonna ignore it!

We then went to have lunch at a place called China Cafe, but the moment I walked in, something smelled wrong. As we sat down and looked at the menu, the smell only got worse. I started feeling sick, and we hadn't even been in there for a few minutes! So I asked for us to leave, hubby said okay, but then we were stumped, because neither of us knew how to leave. We'd never just up and walked out of a restaurant before without ordering and paying for something. The manager gave me dirty looks when I said I was sorry but we were leaving, but I couldn't help it.

So instead we went to a place called Jason's Deli. It was our first time, and the food we picked was really good! I got a vegan zucchini grillini with steamed vegetables and chicken pot pie. It was all really good, and I was filled on the veggies and pot pie. I never got to the sandwich, but it's in the fridge now just waiting for me to eat it. :)

Then we booked it to my doctor's appointment. Post-op! The attendant (he's taken care of me since my first trip there) watched me stumping along, and was very impressed. He said so. He was talking about me in the hall, saying "Did you see her face? She was walking along without even wincing!" He said he loved to see cases like mine, where the healing is going so well. They took X-rays that showed the bones still need to fill in, and the tendon is still healing as well, but that everything is proceeding smoothly. He took the bandages off and cut the stitches that wouldn't dissolve. My skin is mostly healed, but there's a few lines where the healing isn't complete yet. There's some scars forming, but I can offset the scar tissue with some work. Then they explained the 'pretty' pictures from the scope during surgery that they sent home with me. I was right about a lot of it, but I was wrong about what I'd thought was the meniscus, but was actually my tibia and femur. They were checking for wear and tear. There's some wear on my tibia, probably from the ACL being out for two years, but there isn't any major damage. They also said I could ease off the brace, for which I'm extremely grateful.

We then walked to my physical therapy session. Yes, walked. Without my brace on. :D Super exciting! My therapist came and picked me up and watched me walk, then I got on the bike for a ten minutes warm-up. I started talking to a volunteer, and ended up going for 12 and a half minutes. :P Then she put me on the laying-squat machine, and I was able to work up to bending my leg 144 degrees (91 degrees is where I started at my first therapy session two weeks ago). Then I ran through all my exercises while she worked with a dissatisfied man and his wife who weren't sure the PT was effective enough. After that, she said we could cut my visits to once a week unless I felt I needed the supervision, so we're down to once a week!

Hubby and I came home, I made the spicy shrimp boil, and started on the strawberry shortcake.

The strawberry shortcake is actually just something I made up based on what I thought would taste good. I bought an angel food cake bar, cool whip, and organic strawberries last night during our epic grocery store visit. Then I spent an hour and a half cutting the strawberries into tiny cubes and slices (2 lbs), added a cup of sugar (It didn't need that much, I was guestimating), and fridged it last night. Then today I cut the bar into 18 thin slices, and layered strawberries (without the juice as much as possible) then cool whip on top. Then I repeated it and topped it off with a third slice of angel food. They were surprisingly heavy and delicious. They got crushed/smushed a little bit because I stacked them on top of each other, but everyone really liked them.

Then hubby and I piled into the car and drove over, but forgot the strawberry tea and gift we'd gotten for J&J! It turns out M&J forgot we'd upped the meeting time to six, so we waited for thirty minutes, then texted them and they showed fifteen minutes later. The dinner was really really good. There was pasta salad, peel'n'eat shrimp, baked chicken parmesan and rice rolls. Then strawberry shortcake for dessert!
We played alot of games, and I ended up really tired. So did the baby. I found myself greatly empathizing with the baby as I got more and more tired.

Finally we played Crown Royale or something, which I liked, but hubby beat me, which I didn't lie, and with my being so tired, I started getting really upset that he was beating me so easily. I tied for second place, but the point was that I didn't beat him!! I honestly contemplated setting up a murderous accident for him for a few moments before realizing the idiocy of it. If he died, I wouldn't have another shot at beating him.

Now we're home, but I'm really tired and still a little pissy, not because hubby beat me at cards, but because he's been so uncommunicative and told me to leave him alone not once, but twice today. In fact he said it was because I kept at him that he was being like that. *sigh* He's started to tell me that more and more often, and I'm beginning to want to withdraw. In general I feel that withdrawing from your partner leads to future trouble in your marriage, but with all the required time together lately with him taking care of me, maybe it's best just to leave him be for a few days. I'm still trying to decide my course.

So our grocery shopping: We got a lot of veggies, and other staples of the house. I used the motorized buggy, and I'll sum it up: It's like having your own personal bumper car with really good wheel to tire communication, but no opponents to bump into. Also, grocery stores are not friendly to short people. I was glad to have hubby help me.

I think that's pretty much it. I can't get my skype to work, so I'm trying to reinstall it. And I'm contemplating an evil idea for how to scope out the competition. That's all I'll say for now. Love ya'll, g'night.

3 comments:

april said...

thanks for the concern, and wow, what a full day! :)

Caitlin said...

This is all so great! And it's only been about 2 weeks since the surgery!

Hope Reb is okay. <3

Runa said...

Yea. I slept for a full twelve hours to recover.

Rebikins is fine. He apparently likes when I'm eager to hug and cuddle (that's the mood I was in today). He also fixed my skype, so his demise is no longer imminent. :)

Also: Say no to snakes!!