Sunday, June 23, 2013

Kare-~! (Curry)

I'm eating some curry right now. I really enjoy trying out new vegetables in my curries. This time I included radishes (which hold the curry flavor really well), turnips (pain to cut up, but otherwise are like potatoes), and green peppers (a little soft, but more like a filler). The staples are onion, potatoes, mushrooms and carrots. I also add broccoli if we have it. So there's tons of veggies in my curry. I like it alot, but I also like soups. Poor hubby likes it, but not as a constant meal for days on end. On the other hand, it saves you a lot of money. We have at least four days worth of meals in just one dish.
This time I added top sirloin steak that I cut up myself (to save money) instead of chicken as a treat for Reb and myself (I was tired of chicken, he always likes steak). It's better after being reheated than it was when I made it, sadly.

When I woke up today, my whole back and shoulders were hurting almost too much. So I asked hubby to rub them for me. Either he's really getting better at it, or I was in a really bad state, because it all felt so good.

Today for lunch hubby made himself potato, bacon and cheese soup. I didn't think it sounded good, so he ate it by himself (I had cereal). He said it wasn't nearly as good as he thought it would be.

We made manwiches the other day (also known as sloppy joes), so for dinner I had some of the leftovers from that, as well as a pasta with grilled zucchini and eggplant from a few days ago. It was all yummy. I guess this makes my curry my after-dinner supper. :D

My computer's keyboard is really, really dirty. I want to clean it so very badly, but I always forget when my computer is off, and I can't properly clean it while its on. >:( Today for sure I'll succeed!

I posted my new resume on monster.com so I could use the site to apply for some jobs. My sister told me yesterday that the key to getting a job is harassing them until they give it to you. Her methods are really scary and I don't think I can do it, but I will admit they work. She gets hired for jobs way more often than I do.

Hubby and I talked, and I'm going to try for taking October classes at the massage school. I'm looking for a job that won't interfere with those hours, so even if its part-time, it's something. I'm trying to ease back into the flow of working on my leg. The hours are from 6 to 10 pm, Mon-Thurs essentially, so I really want a day job.
I wanna be a secretary.... I know I would be good at it. *pout pout* Since I'm new to it, I'd even be willing to go on a trial basis, and have lower pay to start out with, as long as they'll increase it as time goes on and I prove myself. I think it's a great deal for them, since they can train me to be how they want, and I'll be happy to learn. Gimme a chance you meanie heads!!!

This is an interesting video. It amused me.

No comments: