Friday, October 29, 2010

I made a little girl cry today......

And I didn't even do anything except call her name. I was supposed to give her a name tag. She was terrified and had to be dragged to even get into a picture with me. Eventually she smiled at me and laughed with me, but that took like an hour and a game that's kinda like Fruits Basket.

Tomorrow, I go to teach english to some more kids. It's a volunteer thing, so Nana-san is paying for my travel fees. I'm totally cool with that. I'm even looking forward to it.

Sunday I'm going to a Halloween Festival for the children in Itami. Everyone says they want to meet us, but I'm secretly worried that isn't true and they'll cry at the sight of us.

New Topic

I'm getting a care package! Yay! You wouldn't believe what my poor momma did. Admittedly, it's her own fault since she didn't print out the list she insisted I write for her in the first place, but some of it....*shakes head* Poor momma. I asked for some personal items and she sent me the wrong size. I asked for candy, and she sent that. I asked for my warm clothes that I'd already organized, but those clothes have completely disappeared. She sent what she could find. And that's it. And that alone cost $150 just to ship. Papa paid for it. I would have more sympathy if I didn't send that list a month ago. She shipped the box yesterday. FYI: It has gone down into nearly freezing temperatures here already, and I have nothing but a few layers and a gray little jacket to keep me warm. She had a month to get everything together and send it to me before it reached "WARMTH PLEASE!" temperatures. Now I will suffer for another week or so before I can get warm clothes to keep the frostbite away. But that's okay. It's just a week. ....*sigh* It's so cold.....

She's making me a new care package and sending that one. This time she wrote out the list and we reviewed what she had, and what she had to go buy. I think she's going shopping today to pick up what she can of it. I really really really wanted some bubble bath.....my skin is super dry with all the sweating and winter.  I'm excited. I asked for surprises. Maybe I shouldn't have....but I desperately want something I didn't expect. I just hope I don't get a lot of things I won't recognize. :S

Meh. I'm tired. I wanted to start Otomen, but I don't think thats gonna happen. *sigh* I'll try to start it tomorrow. Damnit. Oopsie. I forgot to post this. I guess I'll find a song.

Sappy, but hell, maybe you need the sap today.

3 comments:

college kid said...

why was the girl scared of you? never seen a tall white girl before? *smirk*

....have you watched Bleach yet?

i already commented on your japan blog (see third comment of last post), but here it is again if you didn't notice it:
I have one word to say about your bug problem: sunglasses. Or if that's bad, use some non-dark glasses if you can find them. They shouldn't be that expensive.

Is there not an alternative route you could take so you wouldn't have to go up those two steep slopes?

Runa said...

....I have NO idea why she was so scared she cried.
No, I haven't watched ANYTHING. Watch it without me.
No sunglasses here for me. I'll live. Bug=protein after all, right?
That IS the easy route.

college kid said...

Comments on other blog:

Ewww...Runa ate a bug!

...I don't get the appeal of having a Japanese toilet....but I guess I would if I actually had the experience of using one.